Finally got Atmos

sunster

I finally got Atmos height channels installed iny living room ceiling. The effects are superb. However there is a lot of sound coming also from my rear surrounds and so I have to pin my ears to get the height effects. Any suggestions on settings for Atmos height channel in Denon x2200w. There is a setting in amp assign for Atmos front height and middle height speakers. I have kept it on middle height. Crossovers are set to 80 for all speakers. The heigjr speakers are Paradigm H80R with 8 inch drivers. Here are some pics of the install. IMG-20180721-WA0073.jpeg

However there is a lot of sound coming also from my rear surrounds and so I have to pin my ears to get the height effects.

Believe, you are referring to the surr left & right as rear surrounds.. You must have placed surrounds behind the listening position in the room corners? and may be the surrounds are closer to your listening position..

Hope you have completed Audyssey calibration..If so, try increasing the top middle speaker levels by few dB and check if that helps..

I finally got Atmos height channels installed iny living room ceiling. The effects are superb. However there is a lot of sound coming also from my rear surrounds and so I have to pin my ears to get the height effects. Any suggestions on settings for Atmos height channel in Denon x2200w. There is a setting in amp assign for Atmos front height and middle height speakers. I have kept it on middle height. Crossovers are set to 80 for all speakers. The heigjr speakers are Paradigm H80R with 8 inch drivers. Here are some pics of the install. View attachment 28858
How much did these inceiling speakers cost?

Believe, you are referring to the surr left & right as rear surrounds.. You must have placed surrounds behind the listening position in the room corners? and may be the surrounds are closer to your listening position..

Hope you have completed Audyssey calibration..If so, try increasing the top middle speaker levels by few dB and check if that helps..
Yes agree. I'll run audyssey again. I have increased the volume on the heights. I think I need to turn down my surrounds.

Hi sunster...

You have a nice looking room there. Atmos system needs speakers to be divided in horizontal planes. So if you're surrounds are above ear height, drop them to have the tweeter exactly at ear height. That will enable Atmos effects to be more noticeable.

Usually in a surround setup of 5.1 without rear speakers, we place surround speakers at approx one feet above ear level to give better surround sound stage. But with Atmos we need to have two exact layers for best performance. There is a format auro3D that supports multiple vertical levels, but consumer grade AVR atmos is just 2 level.

And as elangoas rightly suggested, boost the volume of your in-ceiling speakers if your surround speakers are already at ear level.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back