Finally got my Yamaha Advantage and Monitor Audio BX2

saikatbiswas82

Finally got my Yamaha Aventage and Monitor Audio BX2

Hi Friends,
First of all, I'd like to thank you all for providing me valuable suggestions in selecting my first A/V receiver and speakers.

I've gone through almost all the posts and finally selected the right receiver for me. Previously, I was in a dilemma before buying. I was comparing Denon AVR 1912 and Yamaha RX V671. As per cnet.com, Denon 1912 is better but whathifi.com rated Yamaha 671 a bit higher.

Before reaching the store, I was almost determined to pick up Yamaha 671. After taking the audition, I've changed my mind and picked up Yamaha Aventage RX-A810. Believe me, it's a monster.

While selecting speakers, I had shortlisted Wharfedale diamond 10.1 and Dali Zensor 1. Dali was not available in the store.
So started with Diamond 10.1s. It was a two front bookshelves setup (Previously I thought to go ahead with 5.1, but later I decided to upgrade to 5.1 step by step - due to budget constraint :)).
Diamonds were amazing. But I felt it was a little low in bass. Then I tried Monitor Audio BX2. I was amazed. BX2s blended perfectly with yamaha. The high frequencies, low frequencies and mid range were so clear. Even in lower volume (-25 db) all the tunes were perfect.

Finally, I let my ears to decide and selected Monitor Audio BX2.

Right now, I don't have a player which is having HDMI output :sad:. So, I am using my laptop's stereo output only. I know that I am not using the full potential of my receiver. But gradually, I will upgrade my HT setup and will update how things went.

Happy listening.

Cheers,
Saikat

Last edited:
Gr8!!! Welcome to the Yamaha Family saikatbiswas82 !!! good to see that you have selected the Aventage receiver. Will be waiting for some pics from you!!! Also do tell us your experience with the melody...etc

Last edited:
Gr8!!! Welcome to the Yamaha Family saikatbiswas82 !!! good to see that you have selected the Avantage receiver. Will be waiting for some pics from you!!! Also do tell us your experience with the melody...etc

@rud3dawg, Thanks. I'll definitely share photos and audio experience with you all. :)

I have listened to them and was quite impressed. Very refined sound. Congrats. If possible change the subject to Yamaha Aventage. :)

Last edited:
Re: Finally got my Yamaha Aventage and Monitor Audio BX2

I have listened to them and was quite impressed. Very refined sound. Congrats. If possible change the subject to Yamaha Aventage. :)

@Santy... it was a terrible spelling mistake. It's like owning a car and not knowing the model number. It just made me feel how idiot I am.

Thanks a lot for pointing me out. Otherwise, I might have been continuing with the wrong name altogether until I was pointed out by someone like you for my stupidity.

Thanks again. I've made the changes in my posts.

I am sorry that I couldn't change the spelling in thread title.

-Saikat

Last edited:

@Santy... it was a terrible spelling mistake. It's like owning a car and not knowing the model number. It just made me feel how idiot I am.

Thanks a lot for pointing me out. Otherwise, I might have been continuing with the wrong name altogether until I was pointed out by someone like you for my stupidity.

Thanks again. I've made the changes in my posts.

I am sorry that I couldn't change the spelling in thread title.

-Saikat

Don't be so hard on yourself... it happens with everyone.. With me too, in my own post. I edited it after rud3dawg pointed a typo error! :eek:hyeah:

But you sure have an advantage now. :clapping:

Don't be so hard on yourself... it happens with everyone.. With me too, in my own post. I edited it after rud3dawg pointed a typo error! :eek:hyeah:

hahah lols nothin to it... but ADVANTAGE is fitting adjective in the title. ;)

Well said @Santy... I have my advantage now... :yahoo:

One more update... Yesterday I listened to different kind of tracks till 3 am :).
Played linkin park, aqua, enrique, bsb, fossils (bengali rock band), marudyan (bengali rock band) and my favourite 90s hindi film song collection. Played a couple of 720p movies (like bourne identity, harry potter etc) as well (for movie sound tracks).

The only thing I noticed that whatever amount I invest on speakers, they cannot provide me good bass. So, I decided to bring the expert for bass management.

Today I woke up and headed to the same store. I was informed that a subwoofer below 200 (approx INR 16000-17000) won't be able to deliver the output that I was expecting.
I did not have budget to go for a expensive sub this time. So I picked up the cheapest one - Yamaha YST-FSW050.

Though it is a low powered sub, it delivers powerful bass. I am happy with it.

After reaching the store today, I thought that - as I am investing on a sub, should I exchange my speakers (MA BX2) and pick up Dali Zensor 1 or Wharfedale diamond 10.1 with this new sub? I expressed my interest to the personnel attending me. He invited me for an audition with Dali Zensor 1s. Thankfully they got a pair of Dalis today (yesterday they sold the last pair in front of me and it was not available then). Again I auditioned MA BX2 and Dali Zensor 1 with same track and setup. After listening to the Dalis for a minute, I felt that I made the right decision yesterday.

IMO, Dali Zensor 1 and Wharfedale diamond 10.1 both are great speakers. But when I compared these three (Dali Zensor 1, Wharfedale diamond 10.1, Monitor audio BX2), I felt MA BX2s are providing much more clarity.

I thanked myself once again and came home with the sub only... :)

-Cheers,
Saikat
------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Aventage RX A810 | Monitor Audio BX2 | Yamaha YST-FSW050

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back