Finally I bought samsung 4 series plasma

shanpappa007

Hi all,
I was in search of led tv from samsung(see another thread), So I went to showroom thinking to buy an 32 inch led from samsung of budget 25-26k. But when i saw samsung plasma 43f4100 in the showroom, i felt the picture quality is good compared to the led. And finally i booked the tv for 33,500 Rs by extending the budget. I got 1 year free extended warranty for the tv.
The tv has arrived from warehouse and yet to be installed by the samsung technician.
My viewing distance in 14 feet from the tv. Is this viewing distance recommended to watch sd channel from tatasky + hd stb.
thank you

Last edited:
No issues. HD looks fabulous on 480P too.
I own a older sony 480P plasma and a newer full hd 3d LED and from the sitting distance its difficult to judge the difference.
Of course sd looks fantastic on sony.

Please tell me what precautionary measures should i take and what are the recommended picture settings for my plasma?

Please tell me what precautionary measures should i take and what are the recommended picture settings for my plasma?

First and foremost things that you should keep in mind
1) During the first 200 to 300 hours there is an immense risk of IR and can cause Burn In Issue if not properly addressed, so use your TV zoom modes to keep away the static channel and DTH logos out of screen.
2) Set you pictures to minimum contrast and brightness.
3) Keep running Pixel Orbitor or any other standard TV IR prevention functions.
4) Play Break in slides (Different color background images/screensaver) at regular intervals of 3 hours.

1) During the first 200 to 300 hours there is an immense risk of IR and can cause Burn In Issue if not properly addressed, so use your TV zoom modes to keep away the static channel and DTH logos out of screen.
4) Play Break in slides (Different color background images/screensaver) at regular intervals of 3 hours.

1. how much should i set the contrast and brightness(exact values)?
2. where are the break-in slides available?

1. how much should i set the contrast and brightness(exact values)?
2. where are the break-in slides available?

There is no exact value as such..try to keep contrast and brightness below 50% to be on the safer side.

What is your Exact TV resolution?..I hope it is 852x480. Make a google search and find if there is anything available to download. If you are not lucky enough do not worry Go to Paintbrush (Windows)- set the picture attributes to 852x480. Create single color images by floodfill of different colours in the palette. Create images of complete white background and black background also.
Store all the images in a USB or burn it in a DVD and run.:)

Hi all,
I was in search of led tv from samsung(see another thread), So I went to showroom thinking to buy an 32 inch led from samsung of budget 25-26k. But when i saw samsung plasma 43f4100 in the showroom, i felt the picture quality is good compared to the led. And finally i booked the tv for 33,500 Rs by extending the budget. I got 1 year free extended warranty for the tv.
The tv has arrived from warehouse and yet to be installed by the samsung technician.
My viewing distance in 14 feet from the tv. Is this viewing distance recommended to watch sd channel from tatasky + hd stb.
thank you
You have Tatasky HD+ and HD channels are broadcasted in 720P. You cannot enjoy true HD in 480P TV.

@Swarna Surjya, do i need to follow all these 4 instructions even after first 200 to 300 hours, or i need not follow.
If i need to follow, can u tell me specifically which instruction only is a must after first 200 hours.

I have downloaded the break-in slides but how to run them in slideshow in my tv through usb.
There is an option called scrolling in my tv, which show continous moving pattern , can i use them instead of break-in slides.

I tried playing some movies through usb, but i am unable to zoom to remove the pillar box(there is a option called P.SIZE but it is not working for usb, it's working only for HDMI), please help.

THANK YOU

Last edited:
@Swarna Surjya, do i need to follow all these 4 instructions even after first 200 to 300 hours, or i need not follow.
If i need to follow, can u tell me specifically which instruction only is a must after first 200 hours.

Hi Shanpappa try to follow Instruction 1 if possible after 300 hours but that's not a mandate. However if there is any black border due to Letter Box/Pillar Box or any other non native aspect ratio zoom out is strongly recommended to prevent uneven burn out of pixels.

I have downloaded the break-in slides but how to run them in slideshow in my tv through usb.
Does your TV play picture formats (.jpg,.bmp,gif etc)? If yes then it should also play picture from USB provided the format of the files you downloaded matches the TV supported file formats. If still it does not play, create a photo CD or DVD using any authoring software like NERO.

There is an option called scrolling in my tv, which show continous moving pattern , can i use them instead of break-in slides.
To some extent Yes. It is more effective if it (moving object) can travel the Entire Screen including the edges and corners.

I tried playing some movies through usb, but i am unable to zoom to remove the pillar box(there is a option called P.SIZE but it is not working for usb, it's working only for HDMI), please help.
THANK YOU
That is entirely a TV dependent feature. Please check the User Manual and specifications

Hi Shanpappa try to follow Instruction 1 if possible after 300 hours but that's not a mandate. However if there is any black border due to Letter Box/Pillar Box or any other non native aspect ratio zoom out is strongly recommended to prevent uneven burn out of pixels.

hi what is meant by non native aspect ratio,
my current picture settings are,
cell light-4
contrast -39
brightness-35
sharpness -0
colour -25

after break-in period can i use dynamic settings, and can i increase the cell-light. My father is not liking the dull picture quality, what should i do.

And how long can i keep the static image like channel logo and black bars in the tv after break-in period, please help.

Last edited:
Hi,
You need to follow these settings in the first 300 hours. I also never mean that at 301st hour you can release all your throttles and go wild. The best approach is to increase the levels at a slow and gradual pace and let the pixels mature with time. Plasma is like a baby (As said by Jusk4kix - a forum senior). If you spoil hard in childhood it will backfire.

Last edited:
Hi All

brought samsung plasma 43f4100 on last Saturday(31-08-13) for 31k

super picture quality compared to LED need to explore other options.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back