Finally ONKYO 9300THX

nirmal_kumar

HI EVERYBODY,
ITS BEEN A LONG WHILE SINCE I HAVE POSTED OR EVEN COMMENTED ..after being a mere spectator for so many months ..I finally get to share my reviews/exp ..First I would like to thank all the forum members especially flash , anandsaraf , yahoo0212 , spirovious , utkarsh...and so many others 4 enlightening me and answering my ridiculous questions ..

I was planning for onkyo nr609/ yamaha 671..with tannoy mercury v4 package along with velodyne impact12....but fate had different plans...I had to face some serious financial setbacks in recent times..which tied ME with only 50k budget ... before i could rethink wat could i buy for 50k...my UNCLE family were coming to india from abroad..i asked them to pick up a onkyo 609 for cheap price of 28g..but my uncle called me form gulf standing in shop, that he had found a better deal...........

ONKYO 9300THX FOR INR 40,000 + 2000 (1 COAX CABLE + 1 OPTICAL + SUB CABLE 5M ) my nxt question to him was how many months old sys?? he started laughing and replied its brand new and its the last piece available..
the shop keeper deperately wanted to get rid of this 65kg huge package...
I DIDNT EVEN WAIT FOR HIM TO FINISH OFF THE SENTENCE...I SAID PLEASE BUY IT BEFORE SOMEBODY ELSE DOES...SO HE BOUGHT IT FOR 42000INR...

ALL THE speakers came thro except the the monster 12" sub.....my uncle family was overweight in luggage so they left the sub alone back in gulf ...any ways my friend is staying in same town is coming back by feb..so he promised to get it along with him.....guess i will have to use the setup for 2 months without the sub...i unpacked luggage hoping that atleast one speaker would be damanged bcoz the packing looked badly ..but my luck was better that day..all the speakers including grill were in mint condition with the factory sealed polythene case..I was out of words to thank my uncle ...I unpacked it plugged it in (220w) and it was on..just checked if all the speakers r working fine...they were flawless..but without any bass...then i repacked it and put it in my shelf....
I AM SHIFTING TO A NEW HOUSE..HAD DONE WIRING FOR A 7.1SYS..WILL CONNECT THE SYS AND BLAST THE MUSIC THERE....

NOW I KNOW THAT MANY WOULD BE WONDERING AS TO Y WOULD A GUY AFTER SO MANY RESEARCH BUY HTIB..REASONS..
1.ROCK BOTTOM / DIRT CHEAP ...
2.ONCE I AM FINANCIALLY STABLE AGAIN..I WOULD JUST REPLACE
FRONTS WITH TOWERS
3.USE THE REMAINING SPEAKERS 4 ZONE 2

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME TO ADJUST THE AVR INITIAL SETTINGS....WITH/WITHOUT THE SUB..

I AM SHIFTING TO MY NEW HOUSE NEXT WEEK..ONCE I HAVE SETUP HOOKED UP I WILL UPLOAD PICS ...

sorry for the boring long elaborate story.....

It's a cracker of a deal.
That's an amazing HTIB and beats all HTIB's easily. I had demoed it once and was flawed with that huge ssssssssssub.
Also, it is powerful enough.Change the cables and it would be wonderful.

It's a cracker of a deal.
That's an amazing HTIB and beats all HTIB's easily. I had demoed it once and was flawed with that huge ssssssssssub.
Also, it is powerful enough.Change the cables and it would be wonderful.

well said reg cables...when i looked at the cable it reminded me of the cheap wires that came along with my sony htib...I immedietly replaced the cables with belden 16awg cables for all surrounds ... need to buy more for the centers and fronts...EVEN I COULD'NT WAIT TO PUMP UP THE VOL...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back