finaly bought MARANTZ 6006 + OBSEDIAN 600 SPEAKER

ahujaavinash

HI FRIENDS

i finally placed order to HIFIMART for MARANTZ SR 6006 + OBSEDIAN 600 SPEAKER, BUT I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS REGARDING SETUP

1. HOW TO CHOOSE PROPER CABLES FOR MY HT? I AM TOTALY NEW SO PLEASE SUGGEST ME CABLES.

2. PLEASE SUGGEST ME A GOOD BLUE RAY PLAYER? IN WHICH I CAN PLAY ALL TYPES OF CD,DVD, BLUE RAY(PIRATED ALSO)

3. SHOULD I USE A Stabilizer? IF YES HOW TO CHOOSE POWER OF IT?

4. AND PLEASE SUGGEST ME A STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE TO SET UP MY HT.

5. OUTPUT OF SR 6006 IS MORE FOR OBSEDIAN 600 SPEAKER, I THINK SO I HAVE TO SET A RANGE FOR OUTPUT. WILL IT HARM IF I PLAY ON FULL VOLUME?

1. DAC cables also available from hifimart.com is very good and value for money. Get 16AWG.

2. If you want to play all disks irrespective of region, then get Toshiba BDX 3200 from amazo.uk and apply region free firmware. Another player is Panasonic BDT220 which can also be unlocked but you need to pay for the firmware. Availability of these players is a problem and you may need to import. If you are lucky you may get Panasonic from local shop. Pirated disks may not play in newer BDPs because of Cinavia protection. Buy original disks.

3. Stabilizer and a surge protector is must. V-Guard Digi series is very good. For surge protector get Belkin.

4. Refer the manual.

5. It is not a problem and it won't harm the speakers. You can also set a maximum volume limit in the AVR.

Congratulations on your buy! The Marantz SR 6006 is a very good AVR, that works well with both music and movies.

For cables, other than DAC (as suggested by baijuxavior), you can also check out MX and Bandridge.

thanks for reply.......

1. if i buy ps3 as a bluray as well as for game, will pirated cd run in ps3, is it value for money?

1. DAC cables also available from hifimart.com is very good and value for money. Get 16AWG.

2. If you want to play all disks irrespective of region, then get Toshiba BDX 3200 from amazo.uk and apply region free firmware. Another player is Panasonic BDT220 which can also be unlocked but you need to pay for the firmware. Availability of these players is a problem and you may need to import. If you are lucky you may get Panasonic from local shop. Pirated disks may not play in newer BDPs because of Cinavia protection. Buy original disks.

3. Stabilizer and a surge protector is must. V-Guard Digi series is very good. For surge protector get Belkin.

4. Refer the manual.

5. It is not a problem and it won't harm the speakers. You can also set a maximum volume limit in the AVR.

Please suggest me a good Blu ray player, which run pirated Cds also and usb input with other good features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any BDP will play copied CDs and DVDs. Some BDPs won't play VCDs. If you are lucky it may play copied (pirated) Blu-Ray disk also.

why pirated disks friend........while spending so much on system..spend a liitlle on source..or how will you enjoy the whole...
i am not saying i dont download...but the ones only which are really really rare and hard to find as i dont have a budget for buying..
but i never buy pirated disks...
try moviemart..only 80 rs for a original br disk....free pick up and delivery...
check that

Its always better to get better source as it sound excellent than pirated one.You may not enjoy compromised sound.

Finally installed my 1st home theater(marantz sr 6006 + obsedian 600 speaker). Its awesome, sound quality is too good. Even on low sound quality is good.
Only 1 thing is missing with this speaker is "woofer"(bass). I will buy a good woofer after 1 month.

Friends please suggest me on following points
1. Woofer(range rs 20k - 30 k)
2. Hdmi cable
3. Need a aux for iphone, which i can connect with 6006.
4. Need a usb cable connectr atleast 5m long so tht i can connect iphone, usb with it on bed itself(baar baar avr ke pass nahi jana).
:):)

Finally installed my 1st home theater(marantz sr 6006 + obsedian 600 speaker). Its awesome, sound quality is too good. Even on low sound quality is good.
Only 1 thing is missing with this speaker is "woofer"(bass). I will buy a good woofer after 1 month.

Friends please suggest me on following points
1. Woofer(range rs 20k - 30 k)
2. Hdmi cable
3. Need a aux for iphone, which i can connect with 6006.
4. Need a usb cable connectr atleast 5m long so tht i can connect iphone, usb with it on bed itself(baar baar avr ke pass nahi jana).
:):)

Why do you need any Aux Cable ?

Your Apple charging cable cable is more than enough. Use the same cable to connect your iPhone / iPod to the Front USB on 6006.

You will also get all the Playlist of Songs on the TV. (baar baar avr ke pass jana nahi padega). Use your remote to navigate.

SQ wise. sounds much better than Aux Cable like Stereo to RCA. Try it !!

I am using ipod cable for the same but the problem is , for answering the call in iphone i hav to move to iphone from bed.

How to use Airplay. Plz tell me

As I understand, you will have to :
1. Connect your AVR to Wifi Router thru LAN.
2. Connect your iPhone to your Wifi Network.
3. Open iTunes, Select Output as Sr6006. (You can see this option at Right Hand Bottom in iTunes)
4. In iPhone, you will have an option to Select Airplay,

Google to find more information.

the obsidian has a subwoofer correct ?? in the front speakers ??

but if you need separate look for the wharfedale SW 150.. thats a nice one

mpw

the obsidian has a subwoofer correct ?? in the front speakers ??

but if you need separate look for the wharfedale SW 150.. thats a nice one

mpw

Inbuilt Sub is not at all worth, Wharfdale SW 150 should do the job.
If you can shell out some more money look for 200W

Back