Fire TV Cube 3rd Gen - Dolby TrueHD/DTS-HD?

dashy

Looks like we have a competitor to NVIDIA SHIELD now - The latest gen (Gen3) Amazon FireTv Cube. The latest update (7.6.1.3) is expected to roll-out the Dolby TrueHD/DTS-HD/DTS passthrough capability to this device, which NVIDIA Shield has had for a long time.

I recently acquired this and after extensive testing, looks like it is somewhat true - the passthrough works in Kodi (to a good extent) but Plex is yet to update their software. Plex only can pass through Dolby TrueHD/Atmos and other formats are converted to PCM (and you lose the overhead speakers).

Looks a bummer, but sounds encouraging that Amazon will do something for the enthusiasts, who have been looking for this capability for ages.

And also you cannot play Bluray remuxes from USB drives in fire cube..No backlit buttons on remote...no remote finder option..So still my bet will be on Shield.

And also you cannot play Bluray remuxes from USB drives in fire cube..No backlit buttons on remote...no remote finder option..So still my bet will be on Shield.
Host the Blu Ray remux on USB to plex. So now you will be able to directly stream the movie on Plex without any problem

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back