Firestick 4K and Onkyo TX NR626 - no sound

sg1102

Hi ... I have my Fire stick 4K connected to one of the HDMI IN ports of the Onkyo TX NR626 and the HDMI out from the receiver is going to a EPSON Projector and speakers connected to the Receiver. I get no sound but I get video. I have tried changing different settings but nothing. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

First change the audio settings to stereo in the firestick and try. The you can change the settings to best available and sound should be automatically be decoded in the receiver. Try to select the proper input in the receiver sometimes the improper input is selected. See in the source settings whether the digital audio in is the same as that of the video signal (both should be hdmi #_) in some cases it is not so and therefore the receiver finds no signal. Finally check if the receiver is ok by switching to different sources i.e dvd or radio where there is sound.

Hi .. Tried changing audio to stereo and back to best available and it didn't work. The input is correct as well. the receiver is ok too as different sources work. and other HDMIs connected to the same port work as well (laptop connected to HDMI IN works with sound). Anything else I can try?
Could it be that TX NR626 doesn't support it?

No the 626 should be able to support the same. I think the problem is something different and we are not able to pin point the same. You can try with another HDMI port. Further you can try to connect the firestick to the tv and connect to the receiver using a optical cable and check whether multi channel audio is being output and sound plays through the TV.

Well .. its a projector so that's out of the question. I have tried 3 different ports. I am lost. I may just try to get a replacement stick as i just got this one.

Well .. its a projector so that's out of the question. I have tried 3 different ports. I am lost. I may just try to get a replacement stick as i just got this one.

Could be the Stick issue!

Else, go to a friends place and see if the stick works there on his AVR

So I ended up factory resetting my Onkyo NR626 and it now works. There is a wierd clicking sound at times where audio cuts off .. Need to see why that's happening. I don't know what I had previously done over the years which made it not work.
Thank you both for the assist.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back