Firmware update for Denon X1200W

VRavichandar

Received an update notification a couple of days ago. Denon website did not list any detail for this update. Found this info elsewhere
- Allows continued use of Spotify Connect after Spotify Connect Servers are updated
- Even if the customer registers the Audyssey MultEQ/XT setting to the Quick Select in the following specific operation, the setting of the MultEQ/XT changes when calling the Quick Select

I have updated my AVR - took about 12 minutes - no hitches noticed. Soon will see if the quick setting works and post here. If anyone has already tried, please do share.

I searched about the fixed issues list and somehow landed on this page :)

The upgrade process wasn't swift for me though, I tried update on Friday and it seems they had some problems with their server and it failed in the middle due to which the OS got corrupt (Upgrade Retry loop after boot). Had to do a factory reset and upgrade the firmware using USB. Vaibhav

Last edited:
Yet another firmware update notification on Denon X1200W. As usual change log is not available. Will wait for change log to decide whether to update or not!

Yes do that....you can also post this info in the Denon owners thread...perhaps some can share their experience updating and the pros and cons

I have Denon AVR 2113 and from last week I received update message but clueless about update. Yet not updated and waiting for information about. Didn't get any information from Denon website about Update only shows update is available for my receiver....Please help

I have seen that even I have entered My product serial number also. Update is there but no idea about what is going to be updated.. If major update in firmware then I will go for it else will skip it.

I have seen that even I have entered My product serial number also. Update is there but no idea about what is going to be updated.. If major update in firmware then I will go for it else will skip it.
Update Change log some txt file will be there normally.
Is it not there?

AVR2113

Last updated:- 28.02.2018

Firmware: 1490-3169-0000-3311-1097 (DZ17-125 AVR-2113BKE2 )

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

1) Spotify Connect added

For more information go to :- https://www.spotify.com/uk/connect/

2) Fixes to some internet radio preset stations

3) Other bug and improvements

Filenam:-USB_AVR-2113E2_000100580200-0011.zip

************************************************************************************************************************************************

changelog of AVR2113
Firmware: 1490-3169-0000-3311-1097
When the customer plays the source of "DTS-HD Master Audio/96k PBR (PeakBitRate) stream", the noise occurs or the sound is not output.
The noise occurs in the play of DD+ stream of Netflix.
The product corresponded to "MSLEFT" nd "MSRIGHT" of the AMX command.
Wrong translation for AUDIO setting ""ALWAYS ON" in Dutch.

The noise occurs between tracks when a specific FLAC file is played.
The set doesn't communicate with Buffalo LinkStation (LS410/420).

In the Resume play of Last Station of Internet radio, when the connection server doesn't work, the browsing of the Internet radio cannot be done.

Firmware: 1490-1169-0000-2470-5987
Swedish translation. Found a translation error.

Airplay on AV receiver does not play the sound synchronously with sound on the PC and other Airplay devices.
View photos via USB interface, the 4:3 image is stretched in width severely.
Playback multiple artist radio failed.
Preset Names of FM-Tuner can't be changed via webinterface in the range from preset number 17 to 24.

Problem with Russian Internet Radio station.

Cannot play any BBC station on the Internet Radio.

SPOTIFY-Credentials does not remain stored when changed source or unit powered off/on.

When the customer starts Remote App, the display of Remote App might become abnormal.
The PlayerView button in the NetUSB browse screen by Remote App was added. The SleepTimer setting by Remote App was added.
After the firmware is updated, the device is not found via the ios application.

Firmware: 1490-1169-0000-1240-1977
The product corresponded to Gapless Playback from Mobile App.
The Picture View setting cannot be stored.
AirPlay cannot be executed while executing SlideShow.
AirPlay cannot be executed from Function other than Network.
When Main Zone is turned on GUI is not displayed, if Zone2 is on.

Firmware: 1490-1119-0000-1320-0867
The product corresponded to Login from Mobile App in Spotify.
The product corresponded to High Quality Audio/Gapless Playback/ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec).
When FLAC is played by iPod/USB, the Information (Audio) display in the menu displays PCM.
There is a possibility that the sound is not output from the speaker by the Auto Setup mode.

Firmware: 1490-0119-0000-1410-5737
The product corresponded to Spotify.
The Spotify was added to the Network function.
The Spotify corresponded to the contents operation with Web Page.
When Spotify/Pandra/SiriusXM was played, the "Save to Favorite" function of "Option Menu" was invalidated (Favorite cannot register).
When external instrument (Apps, C4 Controller) is used for a long time, there is a possibility not to be able to control from the external instrument.
The unit shows no picture and sound via HDMI.

Firmware: 1490-0168-0000-8050-2686
The unit shows no picture and sound via HDMI.
Various countermeasures to failures related to the "DENON Remote App".

Ver0127008
Countermeasure to failure of "DENON Remote App".

Improvement of sound quality.

No major changes useful to me so mostly I will not update. Currently it's is working fine as per my needs. My major use is Blue ray/Audio CD/USB/Airplay all works with charms.... Please suggest

Checked the US site link, did not work for me. The europe link has a change log now.

changelog_AVRX1200W.txt
Last updated:- 23/02/2018
4200-2411-4095
Firmware vers: 4200-2411-4095 :)DZ17-159, AVRX1200WBKE2, AVRX1200WBKE2GB)
1) Improvement of DTS:X recognition and processing with specific discs
2) Dolby (Atmos) improvements
3) Other bugfixes and stability improvements
Filename:- USB_AVRX1200E2_CY920_000100820200-0008.zip

Seems to be useful. Will update during the weekend!

Anyone have the latest firmware for the Denon AVR X1200W?
My receiver wont connect to either wi-fi or ethernet.

Pls ask your local dealer to give you the firmware on the usb thumb drive. You can update the receiver from there. I had done it a couple of times for the Marantz.

The firmware are region specific and I do remember downloading these from firmware.denon.eu or some such denon eu website.

If your AVR is not facing any problems, I strongly suggest that you let it run with the current version.

I do not know if these are the latest firmware, but I have two files in my archives. I am not sure if these are working versions as I am not using X1200w anymore. I also do not recollect if I ever used either of these files for an USB update.

USB_AVRX1200E2_CY920_000100820200-0009.zip
USB_AVRX1200E2_CY920_000100820200-0012.zip

Consider using these files if and only if you have no other options. I will share them once you confirm and you can provide me with a way to share these with you. Both files are around 27MB in size.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back