First HT system - Yamaha

PravinJ

Hi,

I am planning to setup my first HT system. Can you please help me with this.

AV Receiver - Yamaha RX V485
Front - Yamaha ns F160
Center & Surround - NS P51
Sub woofer - NS SW050

Do you have any suggestions for this setup?

I would suggest for an 7.2 AVR instead of an 5.1 .

Yamaha RX 585 should be an good option for future upgrade.As it support Dolby Atmos .
Yamaha NS F160 & NS P51 are good Speakers for this Budget .You can also Explore Polk Signature series
Subwoofer you can go for NS SW300 as your tower Speaker will overpower NS SW050

I would suggest for an 7.2 AVR instead of an 5.1 .

Yamaha RX 585 should be an good option for future upgrade.As it support Dolby Atmos .
Yamaha NS F160 & NS P51 are good Speakers for this Budget .You can also Explore Polk Signature series
Subwoofer you can go for NS SW300 as your tower Speaker will overpower NS SW050

Thanks Dinesh. I will check if I can extend my budget for the mentioned upgrades.

Like to Know where you are Buying from and the Quote you have got

Buying from a friend on mine, who is a dealer. He has quoted 82k for the entire set.

Any particular fascination for Yamaha. OR its just fits your bill?

I had a chance to take a demo of Yamaha . It was impressive. Also, this fits my budget. Do you have any other suggestions?

Rx-v485 is a good choice. Rx-v585 is atmos enabled if you like to have that in future.
Please also check other speaker options as well which you can fit in the budget.
( Dali Zensors, Wharfedale diamonds, Tannoy, QAcoustics, Polks etc ).

For 90K, you can get a 5.1.2 capable AVR and finish 5.1 set-up now and later add heights..

AV Receiver - Yamaha RX V485
Front - Yamaha ns F160
Center & Surround - NS P51
Sub woofer - NS SW050

If you can choose a BS inplace of a FS, then you can add an other identical NS SW050 subwoofer (or) buy a pair of height speakers..

Guys, I have made up my mind to by Yamaha RX - v685 instead of v485. Do you have any other suggestions?

v685, F160, P51 and SW 050 ( will soon be upgraded to SW300). Please provide your valuable feedback.

Pravin
That looks to be a good setup .Sub you can choose SW100 and add another going forward instead of selling SW50 and buying SW300.which will be a 5.2 setup.

Also did you audition NS-F71 those may cost you less than F160.I am using those with P51
I haven't auditioned F160

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back