Flac format for Hindi Songs

Jibs

Hi All,

I searched a lot online for rafi or asha Flac format songs but was not able to find :(

Can anyone suggest where to buy

Hi All,

I searched a lot online for rafi or asha Flac format songs but was not able to find :(

Can anyone suggest where to buy

The only place where I have been able to find such collection is on desitorrents.com.
You would have to take membership on that, but collection is great including hidef videos collections. :yahoo::yahoo:

OP bear in mind not all FLACs available online are true FLACs. Anyone can convert shitty MP3s into FLAC and make it available for download. This does not mean all flacs are upscaled but you never know.

OP bear in mind not all FLACs available online are true FLACs. Anyone can convert shitty MP3s into FLAC and make it available for download. This does not mean all flacs are upscaled but you never know.

I second that...interestingly, for some songs, even different sites have the same problems leading me to infer that the the source itself is bad....

One example that comes to mind immediately is Aashiqui (1990)...The downloaded FLAC is horrible...the Flyte MP3s were better but still not what was expected.

FLACs of Feroz Khan movies are always good...I got hold of Jaanbaaz/Qurbaani recently and they were good...I had Yalgaar earlier..it too was good.

regards,
jawed

You can.
Download Spek
If it is upscaled from an MP3, it would be truncated at 15- 16 khz.
If it is loseless, it would extend beyond 20 khz.

Its a great piece of software and I ran a few files for comparison and found that upscaled MP3 or MP3's converted to flac does not give any benefit (other than increasing the file size) and remains a lossy format.

Whereas, a true flac will give the complete bandwidth and extend beyond 20 kHz as you have stated.

For this I've attached a comparison of a song from the film Murder. I own the audio cd as well a downloded MP3 and an upscaled MP3.

MP3...
13606199013_36379c4e64.jpg

Upscaled MP3...
13606182945_9db3af5faa.jpg

True Flac...
13606180155_1faa9baa41.jpg

It is clearly evident from the above spectrograms that true flac (ripped from the original audio cd) gives an uncompressed audio quality with full frequency band.
The MP3 and the upscaled graphs are truncated at about 18 kHz and show that the lines spread throughout are thin and transparent compared to the flac graph and are 99.9% same and there is no enhancement in music when heard.
Whereas, the true flac graph shows a complete band upto 22 kHz and its spread with thick lines throughout.
Its very simple... garbage in ... garbage out.

If one wants uncompressed, quality digital music, audio cd's/online stores who sell uncompressed audio are the only way around.

Note: I'm aware that the faint red lines at the bottom at the 0 kHz are for the bass, but I'm curious to understand more about reading these graphs in a proper way.

Last edited:
Your upscaled file is somewhat better.

When I was looking for CDs of specific/ rare Rahman titles, I was recently offered some of them in FLAC format by an FM (for a small cost). I found the quality to be too bad which I confirmed after loading them into Spek. Not even 16 khz. Pathetic compression that has butchered the dynamic range. And they were upscaled to FLAC.

mp32_zpsc64717d8.jpg

This particular album I had already in FLAC format with me, which shows up like this and it sounds brilliant.

flac_zps66a968c7.jpg

The only place where I have been able to find such collection is on desitorrents.com.
You would have to take membership on that, but collection is great including hidef videos collections. :yahoo::yahoo:

Desitorrents seems to be a fake site/forum, some online fraud going on. I paid membership fee approx 891/- (11 euros) for 3 months two days ago on 23.10.2014 and their site says desitorrents membership will be granted for 1 year within 12 hours of payment. No membership seen anywhere as of now even after more than 48 hours.

Guys beware!

Desitorrents seems to be a fake site/forum, some online fraud going on. I paid membership fee approx 891/- (11 euros) for 3 months two days ago on 23.10.2014 and their site says desitorrents membership will be granted for 1 year within 12 hours of payment. No membership seen anywhere as of now even after more than 48 hours.

Guys beware!

as it is all the torrents they support are illegal .. so what can you do?

Saketb. Could you let me know a good online music store that sells HINDI CD and FLAC files and ships them to US. Thanks

On a different note, we all look for FLAC files. But we know that in a population there are only few people who can hear 15k or above sound, especially if they are 50 years or older. Wouldn't it be a better idea to get your hearing checked and then focus on FLAC only if you can hear that range and your speakers can produce them.

You can buy lossless songs on saregama.com, they released WAV format for most of their collection and even you can request them to release the album.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back