FLAC or 320 KBPS(MP3)-Online Store

Audio_Freek

Hi Fm's
Recently i was blown away by the SOUND QUALITY of the 320Kbps Format played in my very entry level set-up.
Hence thinking to start collecting the FLAC or 329Kbps format for more TAMIL and HINDI MUSIC.

Can anyone guide me in collecting the Raw format for music, I dont prefer CD\DVD on first instance as getting them is not so easy.

1.Can anyone share me the payable or free online store where the FLAC or 320 Kbps format for Indian Music(Typically TAMIL MUSIC)
2.Also if anyone where i can get the ORIGINAL CD for the film Music

In Short i felt the SQ delivered from a Raw format, hence i cant be satisfied with 128Kbps or any low quality format anymore.

Also suggest any other way in case i can get the FLAC format music.

As far I know flac is not available for legal downloads of Indian music.
24/96 or 24/192 flac is still a dream for Indian music.

Last edited:
iTunes music store now provides Indian MP3s legal downloads .......no FLACS unfortunately

UKjairaj,Shivam,Sam,

Thanks for your inputs, In case the FLAC is not available in Indian market, Is there is any chance of ORIGINAL CD copies available for download. Buying 90's or even 2000-2010 albums over CD is not possible:(

Friends, any other Inputs?

Jai,
I Have checked the Site and can see its limited collection and reover cant identify its really its 320 Kbbs

I was also looking for quality CD/MP3 from 80s and 90s. Not many are available in CD formats. Some of them from agimusic,inreco,aditya music are available in flipkart,landmarkonthenet and the quality is good.

CDs from saregama are really pathetic

Contact your friends if they keep 90's music on ACD and ask them if they can convert for you.
In case the FLAC is not available in Indian market, Is there is any chance of ORIGINAL CD copies available for download. Buying 90's or even 2000-2010 albums over CD is not possible:(

Contact your friends if they keep 90's music on ACD and ask them if they can convert for you.

Prepress,

Still 1998 i was using only the audio Cassette and i got into to the CD,DVD and PC base music only after 2000 :), I have friends who have only audio cassette like me. Only the Local FM channels would have HUE collection of the Regional albums in High quality, so need to check for someone who works there and check for getting it OFFLINE:) ELSE
only source if Online or have different idea but not sure how it going to work.

Going to Post an thread

"WANTED:ILAYARAJA HITS in 320Kbps or FLAC"
I shall send the HDD to your address and please load me with the attached list of Ilayaraja's albums and you can charge on each album" Once you confirm the availability of list then i shall make payment"

What say:):eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Yes, that would be better, I have many but all are 90's Hindi.
Prepress,

Still 1998 i was using only the audio Cassette and i got into to the CD,DVD and PC base music only after 2000 :), I have friends who have only audio cassette like me. Only the Local FM channels would have HUE collection of the Regional albums in High quality, so need to check for someone who works there and check for getting it OFFLINE:) ELSE
only source if Online or have different idea but not sure how it going to work.

Going to Post an thread

"WANTED:ILAYARAJA HITS in 320Kbps or FLAC"
I shall send the HDD to your address and please load me with the attached list of Ilayaraja's albums and you can charge on each album" Once you confirm the availability of list then i shall make payment"

What say:):eek:hyeah:

Audio_Freek, it's a serious problem that you have mentioned. I have this problem too. I have a long list of Indian music albums that I would love to buy, if it's available in High-res. But it's not really possible.

At one point in time I thought of contacting record labels operating in India to procure license to distribute their music in High-res, remastered from originals. But then sanity hit me and I realized I may not even be able to recover part of the money I will spend on getting the license. A few copies will be sold and then everything will become available on file sharing sites. End of business.

Let us face the harsh truth. We don't have music in high-res formats because:

(1) We don't want to pay for it. We are free-loaders by mindset. We want everything for either free, or for as little as possible. We will never appreciate a record labels employing highly qualified technicians to produce their goods. We wouldn't want to pay for increased cost due to high quality equipment.

Before someone jumps at me for saying this out loud, let me add that, may be here at this site we have some "audiophiles" who have an ear for quality, and who would like to pay for higher quality material. But then, this community is a very very small percentage of the overall music market. Record labels can't produce for this extremely small community, they produce for masses, and masses here in our country, would rather buy a "CD" containing 150 songs and costing only 25 rupees, regardless how pathetic the quality, than pay rupees 200 to buy just a few songs which are in high quality. So if you see, it's about the scale of economies. Our market has not reached a stage where people would appreciate the need to pay to get higher quality.

Another thing to keep in mind is, this is especially true for software (music, video, computer software). People are still happy to pay for hardware, because they are physical entities and utility for paying a higher price (such as in case of a TV) is clearly visible to most people. *Most* people are more than happy to buy a CD containing 150 songs for 25 rupees. The ones which are reading this are not among them, but then this percentage is extremely small, and not profitable for record labels to cater for.

(2) Our society can't get over "Chalta hai" attitude. Most studios are still using equipment from last decades. Few studios upgrade their equipment to stay on the top of the technology. Technical aspect of producing movies comes the last (if at all it ever comes). Studios don't upgrade their equipment because producers don't demand it. Producers don't demand it because their movies are still breaking box office records despite having crap cinematography, crap audio and crap content. People pay for item numbers, right? How many people come out of cinema and say audio-visual quality was good/bad? They just say if the songs were good or not. Whether choreography was good or not.

In short, our audience is not quality conscious. It doesn't demand quality, so they don't produce it.

(3) A large percentage of music being produced by our entertainment industry these days has a very small shelf life. They are good for a few weeks to a few months. Clearly, they won't command a high price and won't sell if they are not priced low and they won't sell after a few weeks/months of launch at all. Music producers and record labels are very well aware of this fact. So, they won't put in more money on producing high quality content. They want profit in the business, not loss.

If the average music buyer becomes quality conscious, once the sale of CDs rise and people start to pay for higher quality content, things will change. Till then, MP3 CDs will rule.

100% True ranjitrain,

I was one of the bad audiophile initial stage and think am very clever to buy a MP3 DVD or CD costing 30-50 instead of going for individual albums which cost 100-200 and total of 1000-2000 INR.

But later i understood, how a Quality or first class raw format music sounds which gives the real feel and pleasure of the music.Hence then i started to collect some Old company CD and started to enjoy the same.

"People love to get everything in a single penny and feel they are much comfort" This culture started from cassette recording era, where people select some tracks and record them into cassette which covers atleast 12 best songs of different albums.

Moreover in india we are more towards film music and not into albums so we tend to have feel " Why should i get a company or original cd in case i like only one song form a Film?"

Good that you dint put yourself into risk of starting passionate business of "licencing audio", but the things have been changed a lot now, we cant download any india music very easily like before getting FBI warning when try to access MEGA SHARE Portals.

So its the issue of the audio companies to restrict the sharing site access by blocking them.We can easily compare the same issue with pirated film dvd with theater screening.
People run towards the low cost and never mind the quality:(, but once they had felt the real quality then their mindset should be changed.

As far my knowledge only the FM' channels would have huge collection of Regional music copies with most of the albums.And they will not share the copies even for money:(.

Nice that Flipkart gives some rare collection of albums which am getting benefited out of and my searching is a long process and NEVER END:)

We need to wait until some ultimate solution get roll-out for people like us..

But one good thing is that, the LP's are going to be a ultimate solution for music before 70's music and we cant relay on audio cassettes which are out of reach

Yes, that would be better, I have many but all are 90's Hindi.

IMHO Hindi music was best in 70-Mid 90's and most of the albums which i use to listen in that period never fail to impress me everytime:) after mid 90's i feel most are crappy but still some good ones impress a lot.
Qurbani, arandhana, asique, Ceravan, ap ki kasam, Qyamat se quamat, anand, Sathyam shivm sundaram, Ek thuje keliye..Sholay.Julie.. the list is not big but much which is always my fav relaxing pot.(Sorry for the spelling mistake).

We cant share the music within the forum,i think its illegal and the worrying part is that they are unreachable in legal market, and its fate that U.S companies got patent for INDIAN MUSIC:)

Finding audio CDs of old Tamil films is much more difficult when compared to old Hindi CDs. :eek:

What are the CDs that your looking for? If you can list them then I guess one of us would be able to give you some pointers if they are available.

Let me stoke the fire a little, have you growing up ever shared a nice cassette with a friend because you liked the music and wanted to share? Or done the reverse, borrowed a cassette for a few days. How about a good book?
If lending a book to a friend can be seen as morally permissible then how does music differ? Yeah, you are depriving the studios, the artist and the entire industry. Are you not then depriving the author / the poet, the publisher and the entire industry?
I must not be hounded down and persecuted because I appreciated a work of art and decided to share it with my friends, I must not be given the stick of a lawsuit.

But at the same time I do not agree with them out there who want it all for free, do pay your dues but lets not be cynical about sharing.
But then you probably do wish to share but can not as it is illegal to do so in forum :)

Just expressing my honest opinion, hope no one feels offended.

I agree with ranjeet. But since OP is leaned towards free sources torrents can be one option but not legal I believe.

1)If lending a book to a friend can be seen as morally permissible then how does music differ?

2)Yeah, you are depriving the studios, the artist and the entire industry. Are you not then depriving the author / the poet, the publisher and the entire industry?
3)But at the same time I do not agree with them out there who want it all for free, do pay your dues but lets not be cynical about sharing.
:)

Just expressing my honest opinion, hope no one feels offended.

1-Book and music are completely differ according to its commercial market. For Book we have library,Lending Library and some Library with minimal monthly subscription with access to thousands of Books. Hence Music and Book cannot be compared at any ways.

2- Again The cost of Book and Music is completely different, Coz the borrowing book is something lending and sharing the Music is Copying which is not applicable.Again if you love some book in a library and got impressed on the same then YOU would love to own a copy.

In both case the issue is "Creating own copy with no Money spent", which is not possible in Book, thats the reason still the publishing industry still survives.

3-Thats right we need to pay anything we own other than AIR which we breath,But until SOMETHING IS THROWN ON STREETS no fixed price can be applied,as people got used to. Its only the JOB of audio companies to block the Music\movies shared for free with people and own money out of ads.

One best way is to CREATE A SHARED SYSTEM fr music with default LISTEN MODE, and can pay for tracks in case we like to download the same?

Finding audio CDs of old Tamil films is much more difficult when compared to old Hindi CDs. :eek:

What are the CDs that your looking for? If you can list them then I guess one of us would be able to give you some pointers if they are available.

Nishanth,

Mostly all Bharathiraja's,KB's,Mohans',kamalhasan's,Karthiks,some of Vijayakanth,Super star, ramarajan(Ilayaraja music),T.R.R's etc. Let me get full list soon anyways

Flac makes very good difference to some music, some are good with 320. Especially jazz. For jazz, nothing less than flac gives satisfaction

When I hear quality music in 320, I immediately think about flac version of it. I know how much difference flac can make to original quality music.

For film music and mishmash, 320 is enough. But never enough for quality music.

I wish Flac should become mainstream, sellers should think seriously about it.

I wish Flac should become mainstream, sellers should think seriously about it.

Well said, But obviously only Buyers should demand for FLAC:),mp3 Can be played even in Mobiles and DVD,CD PLAYERS Hence it has high range of market and storage is too low compared to FLAC thats also a reason for ignorance of FLAC in market and people.

When a person listen to FLAC or 320 kbps version of music, then they would start searching for the stuffs:)

When MASS STORAGE devices reach public homes then they would move towards FLAC.

The worrying part is Public have shifted their preference form 2ch to 5.1 more version of Video and prefer for the same nowadays, but miss to notice the upgrade of mp3 to FLAC:(

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back