Floor Standing Speakers for less than 1 lakh

Rajkumars

Hi guys i am new to this forum

Please help me in choosing a Floor Standing Speakers of budget less than 1 lakh rupees (for Floor Standing Speakers itself)

My room size is 20x15
Floor standing speakers 95% only for music and sometimes for movies
It should have deep bass and warm sounding
and I am planning to buy Denon AVR-X2000

At present I am considering PSB Image T6 or Polk Audio RTIA9

Your kind suggestions will be very helpful to me :)

Last edited:
+1 to the PSB T6 (from the resident PSB fan boy!)

Although they are from the same company I personally did not care for NAD with PSB.
Make sure you get an amp with plenty of power to get the most out of the PSBs.
The bass tends to sound bloated with amps that don't have enough grunt.

Do not go for an AVR! Please "invest" in a Stereo amp since you say 95% music.
It will be actually much cheaper and you will get more amplifier for the money.

Good luck and welcome to HFV!

Hi

Marantz or Cambridge Audio are perfect amplifiers when it comes to music. The have good stereo and power outputs....

I use an AVR Marantz and it does pretty well for Music..thanks to M-DAX, Bass+Treble and 9 Band built in Adjustable EQ for each channel (which is missing in other AVRs).

I always was a stereo amp fan since school / college days and owned the great Arphi (AA140), slowly moved to AVRs in early 2000 (Yamaha RX V440) then Pioneer (VSX 520) and now Marantz.

For floor standers, would advise you to see You Tube demo videos, read Cnet reviews...this helps.....B&W CM series or KEF or Focal speakers are good High end ones...

All the best....HiFi Mart has some good combo deals...check their speakers and amplifiers...

Floor standing speakers 95% only for music and sometimes for movies It should have deep bass and warm sounding and I am planning to buy Denon AVR-X2000 At present I am considering PSB Image T6 or Polk Audio RTIA9 Your kind suggestions will be very helpful to me :)[/QUOTE said:
As FM nikhil suggested PSB cant go wrong...if you have ears for soundstage , deep heartwarming Bass and if your budgets permit ..go for PSB Synchrony-2 FS. for the same SQ of other speakers you have to spend twice as much. PSBs are always value for money and they do justice with instruments played on them.try auditioning them and compare with other speakers.For amplifier I wont suggest AVR, go with stereo. If you just want to have blasting sound and want to impress your friends then...you dont need any suggestions..there are plenty of systems available in the market..just go with your ears and feet to get a thunderous shake...
these are my personal opinion..so may not fit with others in forum..
cheers
dheeraj

Last edited:
Monitor Audio RX6 and RX8 will come in that budget and are great value for money. You will have to bargain a bit for the RX8 though... last heard the dealer quoted Rs. 1,05,000.

I am little confused whether to invest money for floor standing for music as stereo setup (or)
get a good sub woofer + 2 book shelf speakers as 2.1 setup for music for the same budget and use it for movies also ......it should fill 20x15 room size

and what about polk audio rti a9

I am little confused whether to invest money for floor standing for music as stereo setup (or)
get a good sub woofer + 2 book shelf speakers as 2.1 setup for music for the same budget and use it for movies also ......it should fill 20x15 room size

Polk is good for movies,you are interest to music,check tannoy revolution dc6t se. it has good details,i feel bass is less in it. ping me ur number.

Take a look @ Onkyo TX 8050 / 8030 stereo receivers... Basically 2.1.. May fit your requirement...

You can very well add BS + Sub combo....

If you like bass, then a Subwoofer can do better job than a FS for your room size...

Thanks for your suggestions i think i will move toward BS + Sub Combo ....any suggestions for Book shelf and subwoofer

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back