• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Floor Standing Speakers

Easy EMI Options at HiFiMART.com

SaurabhK

Thinking of upgrading my bookshelves to Floor standers.
BUDGET : 8 TO 10 LACS ( can go for used as well )

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

AVM

That's quite a budget you have set aside for speakers.
Check out the Rethm Saadhnas. They are worth a listen.

All the best.

SwaroopKS

Looking at the budget, that was the first suggestion i got in my mind as well.

Do check out Saadhanas if you have good room (300sq.ft) for them to breathe.

SwaroopKS

Hi Naturelover, i am not able to view classifieds prior to oct 2015. is there any other way to see them?

Naturelover

Staff member
Hi Naturelover, i am not able to view classifieds prior to oct 2015. is there any other way to see them?

You will have to go by search. A simple search in the For sale section if you have the product name

If going by user:
Search -> Advanced search -> User name -> Threads started by user
In the case of the Tidal, it is by Bhagwan

raghupb

Add Focal Electra series to the list, if you can audition them.
I heard these at a friend's home in the US and they were really, really good.
And if your amp can drive them, Maggies.

Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited:

soulforged

Saurabh, check out Joseph Audio with Sid Trehan and Ascendo with Denny...I guess you must have already spoken to them. You may also want to consider Tannoy Prestige Series with Sunny

SwaroopKS

Actually there are tons of options if you decide to go for any commercial brands like Focal Diablo, B&W diamonds, Tannoy prestige series, Proac, PMC, Emerald physics, Martin Lodan, Sonus faber, Merlin, Thiel and many more that have good speakers within that budget. U can also check out Wilson Watt Puppies.

Good thing is you have lot of choice and bad thing is you HAVE a 'lot of' choice.

Rethm on the other hand is based on its own philosophy and made in India. It is not everyone's cup of tea but surely worth a trip to South (or any FM's place who has it closeby). Take your time. Personally am unable to choose with options available at 1lakh itself! :lol:

narcissus

Add Focal Electra series to the list, if you can audition them.
I heard these at a friend's home in the US and they were really, really good.
And if your amp can drive them, Maggies.

Cheers,
Raghu

I have a pair of Focal Electra :licklips:

Last edited:

SaurabhK

i know list is huge. But only a few good brands are available for audition.

bhagwan

Sir,
This is a speaker I have for sale;
It is made in Germany.
TIDAL Amea Diacera
It has a T & P - Accuton 30mm Diamond Tweeter.
The Specs are here :-
TIDAL Amea Diacera
It is THE BEST STAND MOUNT SPEAKER I have ever heard.
I am only selling it because I have moved to a Cell based Full Range Floor Stander.
If you would be interested, PM me & we can take it forward - directly.
Thanks,
p.s. My Price is Euro 9000/- [shipped] & 'set up' in your house.
Stands too are included.
Not because I have these for sale - but the TAD [Tidal Amea Diacera] is a super special speaker & will need excellent electronics to drive them to their full potential.
Just keep that in mind.

bhagwan

Saurabh, check out Joseph Audio with Sid Trehan and Ascendo with Denny...I guess you must have already spoken to them. You may also want to consider Tannoy Prestige Series with Sunny
Is this true ?
I never knew Acoustic Arts sells Tannoy.
But no harm is asking, I am not in the know of things.
However, if you like Vintage Sound the Tannoy Prestige Series is an excellent option - excellent VFM.
:lol:

bhagwan

i know list is huge. But only a few good brands are available for audition.

I acquired Thiels from a friend recently and not looking for speakers now. In any event, my budget was only 1-2lakhs and hence dont think i could affort them

Thanks

I got your PM.

Thanks.
Appreciate the reply.

I must apologise for the intrusion, I was under the impression that you were looking for a speaker in the 8 to 10 lac budget - as per your post # http://www.hifivision.com/wanted/61773-floor-standing-speakers.html#post681997

Therefore I posted my speaker offer to you.

In any case, since you have procured a great speaker - do enjoy it.
Enjoy your music Sir;

SwaroopKS

I got your PM.

Thanks.
Appreciate the reply.

I must apologise for the intrusion, I was under the impression that you were looking for a speaker in the 8 to 10 lac budget - as per your post # http://www.hifivision.com/wanted/61773-floor-standing-speakers.html#post681997

Therefore I posted my speaker offer to you.

In any case, since you have procured a great speaker - do enjoy it.
Enjoy your music Sir;

Sir, You have sent the PM to me. OP is SaurabhK and not me. Just to clear in case of any confusion :)