Floorstanders + stereo amp possible under 1 lakh?

Cherian

Looking for suggestions for floorstanders and an amp that would sit within a one lakh budget. My initial plan was to get a Marantz PM 6006 and Wharfedale 230.

I had posted a Wanted ad in the classifieds section a while back and came to realise that I would require a 100 watt + amp to do justice to a floorstander. And that would sink my budget for speakers.

Are there any high sensitivity floorstanders that can be driven by a Marantz PM6006 or similar?

I'm looking for a combo for low to mid volume listening in a moderately large room.

Im based in Goa, so auditioning is not possible, though I could always go to Mumbai if something within my budget turns up.

Why are you not try with tannoy v4i speakers that some time back FM "fifltyfifty" offered.. they are good sounding speakers.....

look for used gears . At 1 L you might ended up with a setup actually worth more then double its price tags.

Why are you not try with tannoy v4i speakers that some time back FM "fifltyfifty" offered.. they are good sounding speakers.....
They are certainly tempting. Trying to buy new if possible first, then I can try the used route. Plus, am now looking at getting an amp that can drive floorstanders also into my budgeting.

look for used gears . At 1 L you might ended up with a setup actually worth more then double its price tags.

Being in Goa, the availability of used gear locally is limited. And I worry about shipping safely. Still, if it comes to that I will certainly consider it

If I am not wrong he has put them off sale as he is using them now for his second setup

Hi
Looking for suggestions for floorstanders and an amp that would sit within a one lakh budget. My initial plan was to get a Marantz PM 6006 and Wharfedale 230.

I had posted a Wanted ad in the classifieds section a while back and came to realise that I would require a 100 watt + amp to do justice to a floorstander. And that would sink my budget for speakers.

Are there any high sensitivity floorstanders that can be driven by a Marantz PM6006 or similar?

I'm looking for a combo for low to mid volume listening in a moderately large room.

Im based in Goa, so auditioning is not possible, though I could always go to Mumbai if something within my budget turns up.
Hi Im using Marantz PM6005 + Dali Zensor 5 Floor stander which I can say a very good combo for the price range. (It should fall under 80k budget)
With an increased budget PM7005+ Zensor 7 also will be a also a good combo.
There are also other options..if auditioning is possible that will give u the best what you expect.

An open question that will help me shortlist: What minimum wattage would do justice to the Wharfedale 230 for low/mid level of volume?

My living room is largish and the music would be classic rock/electric blues.

Marantz understates its watts per channel while denon/Yamaha etc overstates. So don't go by wattage specs on the Marantz. I feel it has enough juice to drive wharfedale 230. There are many satisfied users of Marantz on this forum like Rajithkumar above who can vouch for this I am sure.
By the way, before investing 1L it will be better if you could come down to Mumbai and audition few combos. Some fellow FMs could also help you.

Thanks Doc. I will do an audition before buying for sure.

What set me off the configuration you recomended is a comment by a very experienced forum member who implied that less than 100 w would not do for floorstanders.

Based on the spec ,I can say PM6006 can able to drive the wharfedale 230 ,however the best perfomance varies (since I have not heard it personally). For your information I have tried PM6005 driving Mission MX5 Towers (owned by one of our Forum member Kaptan..)which is a huge Floor stander (25 - 200W @• 8 Ohms nominal impedance) .It drives it good ,but it was not the best amp to drive that beast.

Hi....

Have you visited JUST AUDIO at Porvorim? Check what they have and share the rates....we will then further advise accordingly....

Some options to consider since you are based in Goa....ofcourse...go and audition with your music and decide....

https://www.olx.in/item/jbl-studio-180-pair-designer-speakers-ID1dTcDJ.html#f1125f4502

https://www.jbl.com/STUDIO+180BK.html

https://www.olx.in/item/yamaha-ns555-tower-speakers-for-sale-in-mint-ID1hu3Z9.html#f1125f4502

I am a huge Marantz fan for the last 6 years and yes it has good built quality and performance.....a 50 watts per channel AVR can easily drive the Dali Zensor 7 tower.....verified and used by one of our FMs on Bengaluru....

All the best!

[QUOTE="dr_rocket, post: 761071, member: 85811"denon/Yamaha etc overstates[/QUOTE]

Don't think it's true for 2 channel stereo amplifiers made by the mentioned companies

Agree with rikhav about stereo amps. Any reason you chose florr standing speakers instead of standmount and subwoofer combo?

An AVR with Audyssey + dual subs + sat + small BS would be better IMO than a stereo amplifier + FS.. Even better if the AVR has Audysey XT32 as it come with Sub EQ HT, which is capable of handling dual subs..

Just look at the specs of yamaha rs202, an entry level yamaha amp costing 20k, mentioned as high power output of 100w per channel. Do you really think a marantz costing Twice that of the yamaha will output half the power?
These are just how the company markets its products

That was my initial plan. Till the question arose of whether the amp would suffice. Whats your opinion?

See if you find these combination.

Quad S1+Rega Brio

It shall slightly exceed your budget by some 15-20 k

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back