Floorstanding Speakers Paradigm monitor 11 V7 vs Jamo C97

ankit_b

Guys, I am looking to buy floor standing speakers specifically for music. My preferred genre is old 80's 90's english dance tunes, soft rock and lounge. The speakers will be placed in a large drawing room. I recently auditioned a few speakers and liked the following:

1) Paradigm Monitor 11 v7
2) Jamo C97 concert series

What are your views on the same and any more suggestions would be welcome as well!

Hi Ankit....

What is your room size. And what source and amp are you going to pair with these speakers. What speakers have you already auditioned . And what budget are you looking at. Once all these are known, folks here can suggest better. All the best.

@ ankit_b

From the two ..i would go with C97.....

You can also check other brand towers before taking the plunge.

Hi Ankit....

What is your room size. And what source and amp are you going to pair with these speakers. What speakers have you already auditioned . And what budget are you looking at. Once all these are known, folks here can suggest better. All the best.

Thanks @newlash09

So, the room size would be around 600 sq. ft. I still have to figure out an amp for these speakers (suggestions would be welcome). My budget for the entire setup i.e. Speakers + Amp would be 1.7 L

Here are the speakers that I have currently auditioned:

Sonus Faber Principia 7
Paradigm monitor 11 v7
Polk Audio Ati 7
Jamo C 97

Was also thinking of checking out the monitor audio silver series. Do you guys have any other recommendations or an opinion on any any of the above?

Thanks!

I have audition Paradigm Monitor 9 , Jamo C95 and C97. Paradigm monitor 9 audition with Anthem MRX 520 . Whereas Jamo C95 with Yamaha RXV 600 series AVR. To my test Monitor 9 sounded fuller, agile and musically rich in every aspect of audio reproduction. Whereas Jamo C95 sounded flat and little monotonous. Certainly will pickup Monitor 9. Also audition C97 and Jamo D590 with Roksan amplifier. C97 shows same sound signature as that of C95 with little improvement in all audio section but D590 really impressed me a lot. Roksan and D590 make a perfect combination. Musical and Lively performance with tight,agile and controlled bass. For a stereo setup Jamo D590 and Roksan forms a killer combination. With same sound signature like that of Monitor 9 , Monitor 11 may sound better than Monitor 9. Monitor 11 may go deeper in low end due to larger bass driver. But may be attached amplifier make a huge difference in performance. Paradigm and Anthem always make good combination.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

The monitor 9's are good for their price range. I think when you reach the 11, there are many more options. In that budget, there should be many more options that you are evaluating. Whats the price of the monitor 11?

The monitor 9's are good for their price range. I think when you reach the 11, there are many more options. In that budget, there should be many more options that you are evaluating. Whats the price of the monitor 11?

They come for around 1.1 L. Any other suggestions?

Paradigm 9 can slightly forward sounding when paired with Denon. No idea about Anthem though. However, while they were never bright, old CDs from 80s which were not recorded very well will show tinge of harshness. I owned them as my first pair and they served me well. However, I think Dali will sound better especially for the kind of music you speak of. I speak with reference of my current speakers which are from Dali.

Do check out PSBs too, paired with NAD. They are a very nice combo.

However, for a room size of 600 sq ft, you will need big floor standers so not sure if even Monitor 11 or equivalent will serve well enough.

Paradigm 9 can slightly forward sounding when paired with Denon. No idea about Anthem though. However, while they were never bright, old CDs from 80s which were not recorded very well will show tinge of harshness. I owned them as my first pair and they served me well. However, I think Dali will sound better especially for the kind of music you speak of. I speak with reference of my current speakers which are from Dali.

Do check out PSBs too, paired with NAD. They are a very nice combo.

However, for a room size of 600 sq ft, you will need big floor standers so not sure if even Monitor 11 or equivalent will serve well enough.

Which ones would you recommend in Dali? Also, what are your thoughts on the monitor Audio Silver 8's & KEF R700?

Hi,

You may look at either Zensor or Opticon series though I am not 100% sure on their latest pricing. However, going by your approx budget, I believe one of these two series may be appropriate.

I spoke from a sound signature perspective when recommending Dali.

I had also extensively auditioned KEF R500 as that was my preferred speaker when I was looking to change. Unfortunately, the R500, when paired with Denon stereo amp (auditioned in ProFx), was just too bright for my taste. I tried really hard to like them but couldn't ignore their brightness.

I had heard Monitor Audio Silver series 4-5 years ago (I believe with Cambridge Audio amp) and they were very nice speakers, no doubt. But that was quite some time ago so will refrain from putting out a opinion. But definitely worth checking out!

I would still recommend looking up PSBs if you are on a wide hunt.

Guys, thanks for your inputs, though I've narrowed down my search for two:

1) Paradigm Monitor 11 v7
2) Monitor Audio Silver 8's

The dilemma is wether I should go ahead with a brand new Paradigm or get the demo piece of the MA silver 8's (which apparently have been demoed not more than 10 - 15 times).

Paradigm - 1.05 L
MA audio silver 8's - 1.25 L

Also, I plan to pair this with the NAD C-368 amp.

Do share your views on the same.

Cheers,

Ankit

You mentioned you have a 600 Sq feet room and your music preference is 80's Pop and Classic rock.

Paradigm Monitor 11 v7
Monitor Audio Silver 8's

Both would pair Decently well with NAD and you cant go wrong with either

Paradigm would be easier to drive with the NAD in a large room

the Monitor Silvers are 4 ohm speakers. the NAD is more than capable of powering them . However if u listen to your tunes loud and considering the space u need to fill.

The paradigms would be a better bet

However
It all boils down to which one you prefer during your auditions.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back