• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Focal 816 FS Speakers for Sale or Exchange

Wharfedale EVO 4.1 4.2 Speakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vijay_s

I am planning to downgrade my current setup to something that is more suitable to my room size. Open for exchange of my Focal Chorus 816 floor stander with bookshelf, preferable a focal bookshelf like 807.

In case focal is not available I can also opt for any other speakers of similar sensitivity & quality.

If above options wont work out I am open for sale of these speakers

1. Focal Chorus 816 - Specification

Bought around December 2011
Selling Price - INR 72,000 (Current market price is 110000+)
Made in France

2. Focal Chorus 800 CC center speaker Specification

Bought around May 2012
Selling Price - INR 28,000
Made in France

Condition of both I would say 9.5/10 as I have not even removed the plastic coating on the speaker thinking that I will remove it when I move to new house.

Please Note following
1. No shipping. Only cash and carry in Bangalore.
2. PM only if you are a serious buyer.
3. No audition @home unless you are buying.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

Vijay_s

Adding another Picture with speaker grille.

Exchange with good bookshelf/stand mount speaker is still valid and is the first preference

Price Reduced

Focal Chorus 816 to 68000/-
Focal Chorus 800CC to 25000/-

Last edited:

Vijay_s

Price further reduced,

Focal Chorus 816 to 64K

No further reduction is possible for a speaker with current market price 120000. Consider it as a last opportunity to grab this great sounding speakers.

Focal Chorus 800CC to 25000/-

Coming to the exchange I am open for Definitive Technology SM55 or SM65 Bookshelf Speaker - Black

Last edited:

Vijay_s

Just a heads up......

1. There wont be any further reduction on the price of speakers.
2. Those who agreed upon the price and later pulled out of the deal thinking that price may come down further, please do not contact me again as I will not be selling the speakers to you even if you quote a higher price now.
3. I do not have any intention of realizing your dream of owning focals (not my words) at my cost. If I can't sell at this price I will retain it.

Vijay_s

Instead of selling it at throw away price decided to tweak settings in denon 3312 to use it on low volume as per the suggestion from senior forum member.

Thanks for your reply and suggestion to retain the speakers. Closing the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.