Focal vs Q Acoustic vs Morel

goenkakushal

I auditioned 3 brands today and Q acoustic last week

1) Revel (By HARMAN) Price- didn't even consider asking
2) FOCAL Aria 936 - Price - 2.55 Lac for 5.1 set
3) MOREL Solan - Price - 1.40 Lac for 5.1 Set
4) Q Acoustic - 3050 Price: 1.50 Lac for 5.1 Set

We started with Revel and found it too boring and i was sure almost immediately that Revel is out of my list.

Then came the Focal I could immediately notice the difference it was clearer, brighter, sharper, and had a bigger soundstage.(Connected Amp Pioneer 140rms)

Last for day was the Morel Found it to be very Sharp, Brighter than the focal, but sound stage and bass was not as good as Focal (Connected Amp Pioneer 140rms)

Previously audioned Q acoustic experience was good, I liked the sound Clear and sharp good open midrange (Connected to Denon 160Rms not sure)

Conclusion: Morel- I feel are VFM at this price but the negative part is I fear its sharpness may cause listening fatigue, other than that they are really good at this price and worth considering.
Focal- on the other hand are superior no doubt and should not cause listening fatigue.
Q acoustic - I liked the sound Clear and sharp good midrange , I am more incline toward the Q acoustic

If any one has auditioned these brands kindly share your views as I an not an audiophile at all.

Which ever system I may consider I plan to use Velodyne Sub irrespective of the speaker brand i consider Kindly guide which model shall be suitable.

(Room size 20feet viewing dist and width of room 17 feet)
Pioneer VSX930K - 48K

Last edited:
Go with your gut
You like The q acoustics

Get them

Don't trust another ear to tell you what YOUshould like

Though there are other brands like Dali tannoy etc
They will just confuse you further

You like the q acoustics
They are decent speakers
You are not wrong in liking them for the price

Tannoy Vi is a great package too. The Mission MX5 in front MX1 as surrounds MX-C3 as center and Polk DSW 660 Pro Sub is a great combination. Since you are from Mumbai getting the Mission auditioned won't be an issue , try it. Its within 1.5 lac and an awesome value for money package. The Mission MX5 and MX1 are multi award winners , great with music and movies alike. The Mission trounces sytems costing twice or thrice their value.Goes great with Denon,both Mission and Tannoy.

Last edited:
I'm having q acoustic 3000 5 package. With Denon AVR 2200
Don't buy q acoustic subwoofer
It has issue. My unit I also need to replaced with wharfdale
Google it you can confirm this.
Except sub 3000 is absolute fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard Morel Solan with Marantz PM8005.They sound was lovely.Very Soft.Bass was perfect,refined.
try with marant

Hi

Try other AVRs and of course trust your ears and decide what appeals to you in performance, appearance and budget....

Marantz works well with Morels, Focals & Q Acoustics....you can possible consider SR5010 or SR6010

Even I have gone through a demo for the same brands and you can also add Tanoy to The list for me...although one must trust their own ear while making a choice I would suggest you go with the following configuration
1. Q acoustics concept 40 or 3050 tower speakers
2. Q acoustics or focal satellites
3. Q acoustics or focal centre speaker
3. Valodyne 10inches sub woofer
4. Denon 3200 AV receiver

Hope this was of some help ..

Cheers !!

Even I have gone through a demo for the same brands and you can also add Tanoy to The list for me...although one must trust their own ear while making a choice I would suggest you go with the following configuration
1. Q acoustics concept 40 or 3050 tower speakers
2. Q acoustics or focal satellites
3. Q acoustics or focal centre speaker
3. Valodyne 10inches sub woofer
4. Denon 3200 AV receiver

Hope this was of some help ..

Cheers !!

I had auditioned tannoy but it was not to my liking . Q acoustic concept 40 fall in which price range?

Tannoy Vi is a great package too. The Mission MX5 in front MX1 as surrounds MX-C3 as center and Polk DSW 660 Pro Sub is a great combination. Since you are from Mumbai getting the Mission auditioned won't be an issue , try it. Its within 1.5 lac and an awesome value for money package. The Mission MX5 and MX1 are multi award winners , great with music and movies alike. The Mission trounces sytems costing twice or thrice their value.Goes great with Denon,both Mission and Tannoy.

Thanx for your advice have found one dealer in Mumbai shall give it a try. you have recommended Polk sub, I have heard good things about Velodyne Subs. Do you think Polk Subs are at par or better than Velodyne in any aspect?

Hi,

Based on my experience through auditions, Polk subs work well for movies...it's only the higher models which suit all.

Besides Velodyne, you can look at Wharfedale, BIC America, Pioneer AJ designed sub..etc.

Audition and decide...all the best...carry your music which will be the factor for understanding the difference...

I audition monitor audio bx5 today along with dali ikon6 both powered by denon.
Monitor audio sounded v good with the first song ie. Karunesh
Next song was Jodha akbar.. Azimo shaan shehensha. Followed by few dialogues.
In this song the Sound was good but I felt it was not as open. These speakers had good sound stage.

Then I tried ikon6 which is much about my budget but the dealer offered me some open demo set at a good discount.
The speakers were much more open and dialogue and azimo shaan song sounded better. However when I played karunesh it didn't sound as good.
Dali ikon 6 set @ spl rate 2.75
Monitor audio Bronz 5 75 these were not available 4demo n i had to audition bx5
Bronz c 22
Bronz f 41
Bronz woof 62

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back