For all 2010/2011 Panasonic Plasma owners

nishant786

Hi,

This is for all owners of 2010/2011 plasmas.

I have a 65VT30D and a VT20D. Both my plasmas have bad FBr and also bad floating blacks. We know for certain that panasonic USA and UK have a fix available for their buyers.

Whereas Panasonic India has no clue about it.

We pay almost double for our televisions and yet we get the shoddiest of products.

Thats why i appeal to all of you who have paid good money to get the "Best" plasma on the market to start calling and emailing panasonic. If a good number of people call they might get the fix for us too.

I have personally seen this in VT30, ST30 and VT20. All owners please check and if you too have the problem then contact Panasonic.

Hope we can get the fix by combining our efforts.

For people not aware :

Floating blacks : the black bars in the movie go from black to dark grey depending on the material on screen (bright material - bars will b black, dark material - bars and material dark grey)

Fluctuating Brightness : 2011 Panasonic Fluctuating Brightness Master Discussion Thread

So you got a 65VT30 after panasonic india failed to solve your problem with the 50VT20? I would have shown the middle finger instead.

Also, Iam unable to see both the issues in my TV. Does everyone else see it?

So you got a 65VT30 after panasonic india failed to solve your problem with the 50VT20? I would have shown the middle finger instead.

Also, Iam unable to see both the issues in my TV. Does everyone else see it?

Neither have I noticed any FBr issues as of now, have watched for more then 150 hours on all type of content except SD/HD channels and in all ligt conditions possible in my room.

I guess this issue was more prominent in the 2010 manufactured models and was addressed to a certain extent in the 2011 production of the VT 20/25 series.

if i remember it right, i saw this FBr/floating black thing (if it could be called that. basically it was a shift from a very dark black colour to slightly greyish colour on the left side of the game-screen, for a moment, when i entered a lighted tunnel from a very dark cave or something) in 1-2 scenes in God of War 3, but nowhere else as of now, and absolutely not while watching TV content. but it didnt feel bothersome to me :eek:

Neither have I noticed any FBr issues as of now, have watched for more then 150 hours on all type of content except SD/HD channels and in all ligt conditions possible in my room.

I guess this issue was more prominent in the 2010 manufactured models and was addressed to a certain extent in the 2011 production of the VT 20/25 series.

AFAIK all the indian VT20s are 2010 manufatured, 2011 imported in India.

Yea well you guys are very lucky then. I bought both televisions together and notice both issues in both of them. Infact i even had my vt20 exchanged but no luck.

From what I read floating blacks is a issue in *T20 which was never fixed and fluctuating brightness was a issue in *T30 which is fixed with a firmware upgrade.
Can you link me to information which says floating blacks issue was fixed in *t20?

I haven't noticed any fluctuating brightness on my VT20. And I'm definitely not going to run tests to find it. Ignorance is bliss!

I have ST30 and FBr issue is there , I emailed them when i was enquiring about the warranty card , here is the mail :

I also want to clarify one more thing , I am seeing issue with Fluctuating Brightness on my ST30 , This seems to be a documented issue

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=20799695&postcount=3775

Here is the reference no to the issue mam , Service Reference SH-B34-11-03-REV.

I have attached a picture of the Sn.no of my TV as it seems my TV might also be affected .

Will be delighted to know whether any solution is available for Indian users who are also affected by this Fluctuating Brightness issue.

Thanks

Still havent got any reply. Will send them a fresh email ASAP when my warranty card arrives.

I have ST30 and FBr issue is there , I emailed them when i was enquiring about the warranty card , here is the mail :

Still havent got any reply. Will send them a fresh email ASAP when my warranty card arrives.

@ Naveen what is you date of manufacture/import? I could not see any FBr so far (may be too early :lick lips:)

mine is apr 2011

Well , it took me some time to notice it. although its very minimal and you wont see it usually , but it is there .

Even by the avsforum thread , the before and after videos posted were not drastic changes imo. So even if they did change the A-Board (IIRC) , the FBr issue will only be minimised , not solved I suppose. also If my memory serves me right, this FBr issue , is somewhat like a induced feature ..

I suppose that these are other subtle problems blown up by enthusiasts.

"50Hz Motion issue is a much bigger problem" for me particularly :(
Sometimes IFC works fine and in other times it does not. Samsung plasma did not have any motion issues what so ever.

I have a 50U20 which is about a month or so old and haven't seen any problems.. (touchwood)

Is the VT or UT series you guys are talking about the 3D TVs?

hey blasto, could you pls tell me what is this 50Hz motion issue ?! i get disheartened reading about supposed problems with this gem of a TV, and though i dont want to get into the pit and deliberately search for faults, but still, since i have read some posts on it, would like to know what this exactly is, and how can it be pestering.

@ charanbee - yes, the VT is a 3D TV.

hey blasto, could you pls tell me what is this 50Hz motion issue ?! i get disheartened reading about supposed problems with this gem of a TV, and though i dont want to get into the pit and deliberately search for faults, but still, since i have read some posts on it, would like to know what this exactly is, and how can it be pestering.

@ charanbee - yes, the VT is a 3D TV.

Panny doesnt handle 50hz material that well. It usually gives a image tearing effect . I wouldnt say its so visible. But couple that (CMIIW BLASTO) a interlaced scanning video , the effect is more , but still very minimal imo.

Panny doesnt handle 50hz material that well. It usually gives a image tearing effect . I wouldnt say its so visible. But couple that (CMIIW BLASTO) a interlaced scanning video , the effect is more , but still very minimal imo.

thanks for that ! arent our DTH channels in 50Hz ? and does the effect seem more pronounced while watching sports channels (fast pan shots) ?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back