For Mumbaikars: Survey for son's science project: Safe Streets for All

oracle1974

Dear All
My son who is in the 6th standard as part of final round of a science competition has taken up an issue that should concern us all - safe streets for all!.

Everybody walks but very few drive. We are always building or widening roads. We always hear stories and picture of potholes on the road and traffic jams. Nobody highlights the plight of the pedestrian who is always in a jam.

The survey is designed to highlight the plight of us all in our neighbourhoods. If you find some time to spare, please fill questionnaire in the link provided below:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MLN5GR6

This survey is for people living in Mumbai and surrounding areas. Since, I live in Goregaon West, the survey findings will be presented to the local municipal ward office. So the survey findings will highlight the particular needs of Goregaon West area and feedback from Mumbaikars living in other parts will also be captured and presented.

The survey can be anonymous. But will require to capture age and sex of the respondent.

For those interested in this subject more, I am attaching a video of Rob Adams, Urban Planner of Melbourne on how the city of Melbourne was transformed. He believes that if cities need to be transformed, the streetscapes need to improve.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZzqMq8hH0M#menu

Thanks for looking.

That is an important aspect usually neglected in India. Awareness at this tender age would inculcate a good sense of social obligation and civic sense.

Being from Delhi I am ineligible for the survey but convey my wishes to junior.

Thanks for your comments and thank you to all who have filled the survey results. This survey will be open till 12th February.

In the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai budget 2019-2020, they have for the first time have made an allocation of Rs. 100 crs for footpaths. It is a meager amount but a beginning has been made.

will share the survey findings and outcome of the discussions with the authorities - municipal corporation, traffic police and police - in due course.

Survey filled and submitted for Mt Mary Road, Bandra West.
Great initiative and very badly needed to increase awareness and quality of life.

All the best to your son on his project survey!

Regards.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back