• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale For Sale "Black Pioneer Stereo Amplifier" A-403

Subscibe to HiFiMART Newsletter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinod.R

Found in the attic of my Aunt (Uncle is no more), a beautiful and vintage Pioneer Stereo Amplifier A-403 with the following features, I am disposing this on her behalf. The power cord was missing and I bought a decent power cord. It was completely cleaned by me and now looks very neat and clean.

1) Price Expected: Rs 7,000/- (Negotiable marginally) plus shipping at buyers risk. I would prefer a local buyer to see and buy it. My price is very reasonable and I would love that this unit goes to a good home where it will be used and cared for. Money goes back to my aunt.

2) Working Condition (10/10), all switches and connections work completely. The unit has been completely checked and I can send a small working video of it via whatsapp for someone seriously interested. It was easily driving my KEF Q5 150W RMS speakers with ease and I have a working video of the same. When one presses one of the input switches, it turns on red in color. All the lights seem to work perfectly. The mute has an orange light switch too which also works perfectly. The volume pot is working perfectly. The input switches, source selectors, A and B speaker selectors including light indicators work perfectly too.

3) Appearance/Condition (8/10) purely due to its age, and a few nicks on the facia, my assumption is that it was purchased in 1996 or whereabouts, aunt does not remember.

4) Musical Condition: I cannot believe how musical this stereo amplifier sounds. It was able to bring my KEFs back to life after having been driven by my AVR for so long. My AVR 3803 which itself is musical cannot match it. The stereo separation is amazing and distinct. Vocals sound clean and punchy without being loud. It has a sense of authority and control over the speakers which many amplifiers lack. I cannot believe that Pioneer made such quality amplifiers back in the old days. Wonder what it would have costed then?

Following is the detailed description of this lovely amplifier, which I found:

a) Year of Manufacture: 1994
b) Country of Manufacture: Japan
c) Total Power Consumption: 560W
d) Three switchable outlets upto a maximum of 300W
e) Power output: 40 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo), Speaker A and B available.
f) Frequency response: 5Hz to 100kHz
g) Total harmonic distortion: 0.01%
h) Input sensitivity: 2.8mV (MM), 200mV (line)
i) Signal to noise ratio: 85dB (MM), 106dB (line)
j) Output: 200mV (line), 6 source Inputs.
k) Dimensions: 420 x 360 x 125mm
l) Weight: 6.7kg

I am not able to attach photographs. Says file is too large. I will try again shortly.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

efernand1

Hi

This is indeed a good amp.....after all made in japan....also....it is a High Current AMP....delivers continous 40 watts rms power per channel into 8 ohms....i recall driving 12 inch speakers for a house party many years back....

@ Vinod....click the snaps....send by whatsapp to someone and ask him to send back the same snaps to you after he downloads the snaps and reattaches....the file size of each snap would not cross 150kb...check

Vinod.R

Hi

This is indeed a good amp.....after all made in japan....also....it is a High Current AMP....delivers continous 40 watts rms power per channel into 8 ohms....i recall driving 12 inch speakers for a house party many years back....

@ Vinod....click the snaps....send by whatsapp to someone and ask him to send back the same snaps to you after he downloads the snaps and reattaches....the file size of each snap would not cross 150kb...check

Thank you indeed for the vote of confidence. It is just as you say it is.

Vinod.R

I am located in Thrissur, Kerala but for me Bangalore is a known city and sometimes I keep going to Bangalore. During school vacation time I may have a trip to Bangalore, then maybe.......

Vinod.R

There are many people interested in this amp and guys are in contact with me by PM. The earliest committer gets the amp.

Vinod.R

One of the FM's requested me to find out if the speaker terminals will accept spade connectors. They don't seem to. I know not why.

Vinod.R

Amp sold to Renjith. We are arranging pick up between us. Thank you all for your interest. In case of any changes I will keep you guys informed in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.