for those who have heard Pulz RS 250 - how would you define it?

jenson

i keep hearing terms such as warm, laid back..flat et al.. just to keep a perspective as close as possible in understanding a review.. how would you define the sound of RS 250..

Have not heard personally but a friend,sound engineer working for seinnheiser said it was sweet & clean. So I will take it as neutral.

However everyone's perception is different. Many people think marantz to be bit weak on bass but to me it is excellent for bass.
It will also depend on what speakers you are pairing it with.
So simplest was is to try it yourself.

I had pulz - twice ( Once it was with balance Inputs)
No way it is "flat" it has a goo "punch" which makes it feel Powerful.

Sepration is good as RS 250 is Dual Mono construction - almost like having 2 seprate amps.

also newer versions have gain control - lot of people use it directly with single source .. although I an told it is not "safe" is it true.

Far far better choice than Norge ,pulz is in different leaugue - also if you are using RS 100 Preamp it has good phonostage..

In used market sometimes you get it at very good price , as indian items depriciate more ,and should be grabbed if you like the sound

hi, thnx for the response guys.

i do have the pulz amp - pre amp combo for 7 years now...it's amazing how long these products last. yes im pretty happy with the sound. although recent times (maybe since the time i have been lurking on hifi vision :p ) i have noticed what Jaudere has outlined.. have i paired it with really treblish speakers (pandam)? could be. not the distract from topic...i would welcome responses from folks who are familiar with this model...

thnx!

p.s. Pandam and Norge have their setup on same floor...i didnt like the sound of norge...was too treblish.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back