For Those Who Thought Foobar2000 Looks Plain

I'm running the latest build, 1.1.7. The skin is called DarkOne. It has a comprehensive installation guide. If you look at the bottom of the right pane, there are other options called LYR, BIO, LIB etc. Those are super-useful to switch between library mode, lyrics mode, biography mode etc.

On the left, under the artist image, is a bunch of information including whether or not the track is lossless or not. Also, there is a waveform seekbar available which is super cool!

If there is interest, I can post more screenshots and information about this awesome skin :)

Downloaded the 1.1.7 - now pls guide me with the dark one installation step by step pls. :D

Dave - look for the skin on Google and follow the installation guide. It's pretty straightforward. PM me if you run into any issues.

Cheers!

Dave - look for the skin on Google and follow the installation guide. It's pretty straightforward. PM me if you run into any issues.

Cheers!

Bluu, appreciate if you point me to the "Dark One" skin for version 1.1.7. The latest I could find was compatible for 1.1.2 when I searched yesterday.

TIA

Can someone compare xmplay and foobar running via wasapi.

To my ears xmplay sounds better, am i just hearing things, can one of you confirm.

Good to know! I love FB2K and with this skin, it looks fabulous too.

Got it;
Thanks.
Appreciate your PM & Call.
If you come by any more, do let me know; Skins [the ones that look nice & work] i.e.
Did Dave get it to work ? Are you on computer audio too ?
Were you not on Teac Esoteric T & D ? Maybe I was mistaken...:yahoo:

Got it;
Thanks.
Appreciate your PM & Call.
If you come by any more, do let me know; Skins [the ones that look nice & work] i.e.
Did Dave get it to work ? Are you on computer audio too ?
Were you not on Teac Esoteric T & D ? Maybe I was mistaken...:yahoo:

You bet!

I don't know if Dave managed to make it work. He never replied.

What is Teac Esoteric T&D? :)

You bet!

I don't know if Dave managed to make it work. He never replied.

What is Teac Esoteric T&D? :)

:lol: yeah I got it working - thanks a lot Bluu, its really nice.
Haven't been able to use it recently as have to get myself a DAC & another source to put it to good use.

Foobar is good and I use it when I need to use my Ipod to control the server.
Otherwise I prefer J River using 'Wasapi Event Style'.. To my ears and in my setup it sounds better than Foobar.

Foobar is good and I use it when I need to use my Ipod to control the server.
Otherwise I prefer J River using 'Wasapi Event Style'.. To my ears and in my setup it sounds better than Foobar.

ditto! even i prefer the Jriver... and i continually have latency issues with Foobar.... Jriver is a breeze in every way. and sounds superb too!

ditto! even i prefer the Jriver... and i continually have latency issues with Foobar.... Jriver is a breeze in every way. and sounds superb too!

What are you running ?
I could manage 25m/s in J River.

If you do 50 m/s you should be OK.

J River with Event Style is what I prefer too.

However, most friends of mine have moved on to J Play & they seem to prefer that.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back