Forgotten audio formats: The Highway Hi-Fi

Thanks for sharing the Article. I wish could have A Vintage+ Modern day Technology combines to have a new Disk (Probably Vinyl Material) in Size of CD +I Hour Play Back per Side+ The Grooves are read by the Light Rays.

It will be ever lasting no wear\damage to disk, compatible and fetch interest in people as well. Obviously It should should analogue as well.

I wish could have A Vintage+ Modern day Technology combines to have a new Disk (Probably Vinyl Material) in Size of CD +I Hour Play Back per Side+ The Grooves are read by the Light Rays.

It will be ever lasting no wear\damage to disk, compatible and fetch interest in people as well. Obviously It should should analogue as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaserDisc

A close match except for size and current-ness :D "Sound could be stored in either analog or digital format and in a variety of surround sound formats"

Sadly, I've never owned or even viewed / heard one of them LD players. Just a vague memory of having seen one at Stereovision, Madras (half pant days, way before bikes had FI or chennaiazation, hell the Cooum probably smelt pleasant that long back), the lasting memory being the shop attendant flinging a disc on the floor to show how durable it was.

ciao
gr

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back