Found Gold!

pushkarajd

Hi All,

I bumped into Gold when I checked with my father over the weekend about the old vinyl records that I used to listen when I was a small kid. As guess what! My dad had kept all the vinyl records with him and had not given them away (I was under the impression that he had given them).

Some of them are listed below:

1. Tumsa Nahi Dekha
2. Karz
3. Pt. Bhimsen Joshi
4. Navrang
5. One vinyl with mix and hit songs of Lata, Asha and Kishore Kumar
6. Few marathi vinyl records.

Most are original HMV records mfg between 1971 and later. Its not a huge collection but there are many more on top of the above listed.

Now I am looking for a few expert inputs from FMs here:

1. What is the best way to clean them. Most of them have dust on them. I have dared not to remove it by any means fearing that I may damage the tracks. Most of them also have the original covers with them but many are torn.

2. What is a good turntable to buy to play these LPs. My max budget is 15k.

Thanks.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Hi
Pushkaraj
Welcome to the wonderful vinyl world. As regards cleaning of vinyls you can have many methods which are discussed in this forum by our friends.If you are planning to get a turntable, you may think about Audiotechnica LP 60. This one though an entry level is within your budget and it comes with phonopreamp. So you can connect it to home theatre and enjoy music.
Regards
Bhaskar

Hello my friend @pusparajd. Welcome to this renewed world of Vinyls. I am impressed with your motive, so do treasure it. It is wealth that you stumbled upon. I was wondering if you also have a system in place where you can enjoy the music. You do need a Vinyl player, as you asked for, and also an amplifier where you could amuse yourself. Or else you need just a simple vinyl player along with in built amplifier just to hear your record.
All the same keep it up. God bless.

Hi
Pushkaraj
Welcome to the wonderful vinyl world. As regards cleaning of vinyls you can have many methods which are discussed in this forum by our friends.If you are planning to get a turntable, you may think about Audiotechnica LP 60. This one though an entry level is within your budget and it comes with phonopreamp. So you can connect it to home theatre and enjoy music.
Regards
Bhaskar

Hello Bhaskar,

Thank you and yes I am also looking at LP60. Do you have any good dealer who you can refer to, to buy the TT? I am from Mumbai.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Hello my friend @pusparajd. Welcome to this renewed world of Vinyls. I am impressed with your motive, so do treasure it. It is wealth that you stumbled upon. I was wondering if you also have a system in place where you can enjoy the music. You do need a Vinyl player, as you asked for, and also an amplifier where you could amuse yourself. Or else you need just a simple vinyl player along with in built amplifier just to hear your record.
All the same keep it up. God bless.

Thank you Antonio :)

Yes, I am also a big fan of Vinyls but I did not dare to buy a TT for the simple reason that Vinyls are nowadays so highly priced, but when I got these records from my dad, I was very happy and hence looking forward to buy a TT. Another reason for loving vinyls is I am very very emotionally attached to these records since I used to listen almost everyday since I was a little over 2 years till I was around 13 yrs. There was no other means to entertain ourselves during those days. So yes, these vinyls are very close to my heart and my dad's as well.

For a TT, I do have an AVR (Marantz SR6012) to which I am looking to connect this TT to, so ampli is not something that is mandatory, but I am looking for a good sound op. Don't want to spend a lot on it though. My budget is around 15k, but maybe I can stretch a couple of thousand k's if I am getting a good deal.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Hello Bhaskar,

Thank you and yes I am also looking at LP60. Do you have any good dealer who you can refer to, to buy the TT? I am from Mumbai.

Regards,

Pushkaraj
Hi
Pushkaraj
I can't tell you about any dealer in Mumbai. In Kolkata there are some.However I bought my TT through Amazon.in during the Durgapuja . Generally during festivals you can avail of offers. so you can go for it .
Regards
Bhaskar

Hello Friend pushkaraj
I want to convey you my cordial congratulations for what you have from your father. Having gone through your post I went to my bygone days when I saw the HMV fiesta singing. I also have got some vinyls from my father. Those have gradually been my passion and till date I collect vinyls from various sources .please do keep your vinyls and enjoy music
Regards
Bhaskar

Hello Friend pushkaraj
I want to convey you my cordial congratulations for what you have from your father. Having gone through your post I went to my bygone days when I saw the HMV fiesta singing. I also have got some vinyls from my father. Those have gradually been my passion and till date I collect vinyls from various sources .please do keep your vinyls and enjoy music
Regards
Bhaskar

Absolutely! Any thank you very much once again. :)

Regards,

Pushkaraj

The complete collection which I have been talking about.

Attachments

• 2CE73828-4F5E-4858-8C5B-049D982AE3DE.jpeg
    2CE73828-4F5E-4858-8C5B-049D982AE3DE.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 738F8801-CE13-4723-9F0B-069523A92112.jpeg
    738F8801-CE13-4723-9F0B-069523A92112.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 5B721C9F-05EF-40FF-8D86-D8736A87EC21.jpeg
    5B721C9F-05EF-40FF-8D86-D8736A87EC21.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 257440C1-ACD8-4C7B-B849-F1B346D36FCA.jpeg
    257440C1-ACD8-4C7B-B849-F1B346D36FCA.jpeg