• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

FR Rolling, SE EL34 and the Open Baffles... Again

yogibear

Sorry to hammer you guys again with my OB saga but no harm in sharing my experiments...

This time I decided to roll all FRs I have starting from 8” to 12” and try to keep everything else exactly same, the amp SE EL34, source lossless from VOX, same bass drivers and amp xoed at 140hz, even same tracks. The FRs run unfiltered.

Recording from iPhone and the tiny mic gets troubled by bass sometimes distorting the sound. If I can do any better on recording part please advice.

FR: It’s an 8”. I call it poormans Coral and it’s a Calrad from Japan. I have the original “antique” box which says 30-20,000 cps. Too good to be true but it actually reaches as high as 17k and surprisingly digs lower than my other FR. Vocals are beautiful and it has an exotic translucent inverted surround reinforced with threads.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

deepjpr

On last saturday of last month december of last year 2018 i got a chance to meet mr yogi bear at his place, what i witnessed is beyond description, im not dat good audio phile sort of person but im just good enough to recognize the good best & the ultimate. I found the ultimate in music & music systems with him. Only pure sound what i had never been before with, pure high-end tubed pre's & amps, awesome speakers/drivers, every thing with mr yogibear was top of the line. He is such a nice person, though he was very busy with work but he spared out time for me. He dont have long boring stories to tell about music systems, what he has is pure music & indepth knowledge of tube pre's & amps, speakers/drivers.

yogibear

On last saturday of last month december of last year 2018 i got a chance to meet mr yogi bear at his place, what i witnessed is beyond description, im not dat good audio phile sort of person but im just good enough to recognize the good best & the ultimate. I found the ultimate in music & music systems with him. Only pure sound what i had never been before with, pure high-end tubed pre's & amps, awesome speakers/drivers, every thing with mr yogibear was top of the line. He is such a nice person, though he was very busy with work but he spared out time for me. He dont have long boring stories to tell about music systems, what he has is pure music & indepth knowledge of tube pre's & amps, speakers/drivers.
You are being too humble Deepak. I am no expert and with little experience and even lesser knowledge. Yes, pure music does flow in my room though there is a lot to be improved and yes I am surely enjoying my journey towards “ Nirvaana “

yogibear

A true 'compliment' to your system. Congrats....:p
Thanks Sunilji. The journey to OB is enjoyable and surprising. BTW, I did manage to get a pair of FR your great friend suggested !

SPONSORED ADS