Frameless and Frame Technology - No Information

mehuldil

Hi,

I am newbee... many like others, I am in line to buy a Plasma. I went through many sites, and models. At end I have short listed 2 options: LG 42PJ350 and LG 42PJ650.

Only differnce between 2 is Frame technology. PJ650 is Frameless, and PJ350 is with Frame. I tried calling LG support but they were not aware of what is the benifit of the the Frameless technology.

As of now I am getting 42PJ350 @36K, and 42PJ65 @39,250 - Cash/Card.

Bit confused as of now. I do not wish to pay double the amt for FullHD, viewing distance is 12Ft. Viewing would be most of the time DVD RIP, SD, and normal Movies.

Can some one let me know what to do ?

650 is frameless (single glass sheet) and has slightly better audio. Frameless is not a technology and does nothing more than making your Plasma better looking. If you like 350 go with it.

All the best.

hey, i posted on another thread about Satyam appliances in Bandra(W). Why don't you contact them? They will offer some more reduction I guess. Usually they do.

Send me a private message if you need contacts.

Edit: Spend couple of thousands more for 42PJ650. I think it has some additonal features. Will try and get info later on today.

From a practical point of view, even logically, 'with frame' would always be better choice.

This so, since any TV during its lifetime would have enough opportunities to receive physical 'shocks' on its sides ....... from just about anything .... like pushes, prods from items being moved around the room etc etc. So, if the screen 'glass' is protected on all sides by 'plastic' ie. a frame, it would be in much better shape till the last.

Frameless design, would be a lot riskier ... cracks can develop on the sides due to the above explained.

Just my 2 cents ......

Thanks all....

Can some one tell me the Major difrnce other thn Frameless... between 350 n 650?

what all Movies we can play through USB on each model?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back