Front Tower for 1L

avtar2008

Hi,

I am having a 5.1.4 setup with taga harmony 5.0 speaker + 4x jamo s35 as atmos speakers. I am pretty satisfied with my setup and enjoy watching movies on it.

But sometime i just think of upgrading my front stage speaker. I am not in a hurry to do so and will do it once I get some good deal on my shirtlisted speakers.

So, can someone suggest a few towers(and center) for around 1L, which wont need upgrade for atleast 2 3 years. I am okay with new and used speakers. Budget can be adjusted a little bit.

Try to audition the cinema series from XTZ, Klipsch RP6000F, Paradigm Prestige series, Polk Legend series, Dali Zensor and Rubicon, Monitor Audio Silver series..

Once you hear the different sound signatures from these speakers, you can decide based on your liking. Other FMs will surely provide more options for this

Try to audition the cinema series from XTZ, Klipsch RP6000F, Paradigm Prestige series, Polk Legend series, Dali Zensor and Rubicon, Monitor Audio Silver series..

Once you hear the different sound signatures from these speakers, you can decide based on your liking. Other FMs will surely provide more options for this
What about the room acoustics and even the amplifier where these speakers are listened to?

That's what my last line accounts for ;) coz I'm a newbie myself, I was sure experienced folks like you can pitch in

I dont know why but i am loving looks of polk rti a9. They look massive and power hungry speaker, still they have pretty good reviews all over.

Hi,

I am having a 5.1.4 setup with taga harmony 5.0 speaker + 4x jamo s35 as atmos speakers. I am pretty satisfied with my setup and enjoy watching movies on it.

But sometime i just think of upgrading my front stage speaker. I am not in a hurry to do so and will do it once I get some good deal on my shirtlisted speakers.

So, can someone suggest a few towers(and center) for around 1L, which wont need upgrade for atleast 2 3 years. I am okay with new and used speakers. Budget can be adjusted a little bit.
Will it always be used with subwoofer and AVR powering the speakers?

I dont know why but i am loving looks of polk rti a9. They look massive and power hungry speaker, still they have pretty good reviews all over.
I remember auditioning a Polk Audio Rti A9 (or was it A7) paired with a Harman Kardon AVR way back in 2011 when we were hunting around for an HT setup for a family friend in Ggaon. They were really good. However, i'm not sure how they stack up against current competition as it has been some time and some really good speakers have been launched since them. Higher SPLs do not necessarily equate to better sound unless your preference in sonic presentation entails ear deafening volumes.

good lineup of speakers. However, the products can be had for much less than the price quoted by the websites that you have linked. :)
Agreed. I mentioned the "Discounted price" also when I called them. Please check that row! Do you see lesser than that? Oops. Please let me know!

Agreed. I mentioned the "Discounted price" also when I called them. Please check that row! Do you see lesser than that? Oops. Please let me know!
Whoops! Missed that entirely. I had to double check the table to figure out what you were on about. Perhaps better spacing in between rows or a larger font will improve readability?

Please Add KEF Q750 to the shortlist.

I was experimenting with positioning today and upon finding the perfect positioning for my speakers In the room, i tested them all again(i do that quite often :p).

The first one on to power on was the BA A26. They sounded really good and for the first time ever, i believe i managed to extract its true potential.

Moving on to the Evos, sound across the spectrum immediately sounded better (obviously). What stood out was that the new position allowed for better distance between the Evos as well as from the sidewalls which allowed them to leverage it and portray a much better stereo image than their previous positioning. This highlighted its strength in stereo imaging and focus with good spacing between instruments. Mind you, the Quads still do better in the less than ideal positioning that i currently have them at. Moving on to the mid-range and especially the bass, they were much more fuller and deeper, both quantitatively as well as qualitatively. This highlighted the warm and easygoing nature of the Evos with an extremely neutral treble. Overall, the Evos were an easy and polite listen.

Then i switched to the KEFs and in one word, i was blown away! In my previous posts on the forum, i have mentioned how switching from other speakers to the KEFs is always a revelation (which applies to the Quads also, albeit, for different aspects of the sonic presentation). The bass sounded equal or perhaps even more in quantity as well as deeper than the Evos and the nuances in variation of bass notes were easily perceivable. I could track the transition in them much better which made for a much more engaging listen. There was also more punch when the track demanded it. Think of it as the punch of slam of an SVS sub coupled with the deep nuanced bass of an XTZ. Also, the mid range sounded clearer/cleaner and to add icing on the cake, the top end was much more prominent and exciting. However, this was not at the altar of sacrificing refinement which was also better than the Evos. The Evos are better at imaging and space between instruments but not by much. Overall focus and interplay between all three aspects of the sonic presentation i.e. Treble, Mid Range and Bass was better and more nuanced in the KEFs. I would say that the KEFs are a more engaging and exciting listen and make the Evos seem a little too laidback in comparison. This makes KEFs better than the Evos for most genres of music than the Evos except the latter sounds better with classical music.

In one word, the KEF is phenomenal. The KEFs deserve to be high on your list.

One budget speaker that often gets ignored is JBL Stage A180 or its smaller version A170. It retails for a little over 50K and is, in my opinion, probably the most fun, party speaker for less than 1 Lakh. It is neither tonally accurate nor suitable for critical listening. However, with its nicely done horn-loaded tweeter, deep bass and lively midrange, it is a great speaker for rock fans who like their music loud and listeners who want to recreate a 'live' feel with their music.

One budget speaker that often gets ignored is JBL Stage A180 or its smaller version A170. It retails for a little over 50K and is, in my opinion, probably the most fun, party speaker for less than 1 Lakh. It is neither tonally accurate nor suitable for critical listening. However, with its nicely done horn-loaded tweeter, deep bass and lively midrange, it is a great speaker for rock fans who like their music loud and listeners who want to recreate a 'live' feel with their music.
I demoed JBL A170 in a studio and it sounded very bad I literally had to close my ears. It was that harsh at loud sound I asked the dealer why the sound is so harsh and he said that the AVR is not doing a proper job, I was not convinced. Fyi I played Jurasic Park on it.

JBL Stage speakers are made for playing music not for suitable for movies as most stereo systems in my opinion. Also JBL Stage sound very harsh out of the box. They need 100+ hours of breaking-in.

Hi,

Its based on your interest,
If you like very bright sound you may look at,
Polk , KEF , Kilpsch ,Paradigm

If you like moderate bright sound (balanced),
Wharfedale , Monitor Audio ,Dali , Sonodyne Avant Series.

It's my personnel opinion as per i have auditioned these speakers in the past. Audition these speakers and choose the best which suits you.

Right now, i am trying to optimise my current setup by playing with speaker position, Eq in avr and other auddessey settings. With these efforts, I am able to improve my Movies experience a bit, but I am not satisfied with the music. So, before making new investments, i want to get most out of my current items.

I saw similar setups (as mine) on youtube, give pretty good music experience as well, so, I suspect something might be wrong with my setup.

Does anyone from mumbai have heard rbh 6500 tower speaker at avenue sound? I was actually interested in buying them but since I am from gurgaon, so, cant take a audition.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back