FS Speakers - Final Decision

olly42

Hi All,

Need help on making the final decision on FS speakers. Between the following

Focal 726V
Polk RTi A9/A7
Polk TSi 500

Will be driving these with Denon 2311 which I have also shortlisted.

Please advise

Olly, but why a separate thread? We were discussing your speaker purchase on another thread na?

Olly, but why a separate thread? We were discussing your speaker purchase on another thread na?

Hey Iaudio,

I know we were but as I did not see as much response as i had expected and I thought of starting a new thread but you have a valid point.Will move over to the same thread :)

The RTi A9 are excellent speakers just check if the 2311 can drive them easily & also if U have the space for them as they are quite huge & deep!

I have not read the other thread. So I am asking, why just those three brands? Not that they are bad, but try auditioning the following also:

- Mordaunt Short Aviano 6
- Monitor Audio Silver S10
- Wharfedale Diamond 10.5/6
- Q-Accoustics 2050

Last edited:
I caught this thread also, just posted on your other one too. Jsut audition the New Klipsch Synergy FS. Ver impressive!
I am using Jamo 606 and keep going to the Cinebels store in Bandra. They just got in the new range of Klipsch. Loved them!

The RTi A9 are excellent speakers just check if the 2311 can drive them easily & also if U have the space for them as they are quite huge & deep!

fran_elite

I auditioned the RTi A7 which was available and found them to be good but Focal 726V had a tighter mid range and amazing clarity.So I was looking to audition the A9 but the stocks have yet to come

I have not read the other thread. So I am asking, why just those three brands? Not that they are bad, but try auditioning the following also:

- Mordaunt Short Aviano 6
- Monitor Audio Silver S10
- Wharfedale Diamond 10.5/6
- Q-Accoustics 2050

just4kix I did audition the MS Aviano, MS Carnival 8, MA RX6 and BX6 and M4
but post hering Kef Q 700, Klipsch F3/RF62, Energy CF50/CF70 and AE elite I found the Polks and Focal better so shortlisted these two to select from

just selected them on the basis of what sounded good to my ear how ever the key is the AVR driving them its mostly been Onkyo or Denon so that may make all the difference

hey olly whats your budget. any particular reason why you want only floorstanders. imo at that range of prices the sq out of a bookshelf is better

hey olly whats your budget. any particular reason why you want only floorstanders. imo at that range of prices the sq out of a bookshelf is better

Hi Afj,

started of with a initial budget of 20 K but then as I kept reading reviews I decided to invest more on good quality speakers first and then invest on other components.

I agree with you that some bookshelf speakers have tremendous punch and detail and my very first acquisitions were Technics Bookshelf speakers picked up way back in 1988 and are still very much functional. Why Floorstanders - because I have the room for them now :)

Kittu,

Polkies are hard to forget still did not get a chance to audition the RTI A9 and had a second audition with both RTi A7 and Focals and it is still going to be the focal way

Phocals are still on my mind. will be looking at one more brand of speakers before I take the plunge :) I am 99% set on Focals. It will have to be something real special both with regards to Quality and rates to make me shift to any other brand with the current budget which i am way way.... way over from where I started

i vote focal .... i heard the 826v and they were the most balanced/musically enjoyable speakers with just the correct amount of bass. They present music in a very coherent way where all three spectrum sounds very balanced making the music enjoyable as a whole with just enough details but not ultra detailed/sometimes even analytical like monitor audio silver.

i vote focal .... i heard the 826v and they were the most balanced/musically enjoyable speakers with just the correct amount of bass. They present music in a very coherent way where all three spectrum sounds very balanced making the music enjoyable as a whole with just enough details but not ultra detailed/sometimes even analytical like monitor audio silver.

+1 to audiodelic I second your thoughts

Hi Olly,

Dont know about your budget but its 20k above as i read.

For floorstands i suggest you QAcoustics and Dali Concept. The price will be 36-38k. Or else Acoustic Energy is also a good brand for budget floorstands.

If you want real quality speakers which will definitely not let you think of upgrade for another few years then go for Epos M series. Bookshelfs M12i is around 46k and towers expensive (92k).

First listen then decide. Do as much auditioning as you can.

Polk is good but they are budget speakers. Soon you will think of upgrading. So its better to wait, save, audition and purchase.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Amongst Polk and Focal, Focal all the way. Unless you like bright sounding speakers - in which case Polk may be fine. Focal are very balanced and musical, so if you want to listen to music for long durations they are well-suited for them. Polk are bright and may cause ear fatigue, unless you prefer that.

Hi Olly,

Dont know about your budget but its 20k above as i read.

For floorstands i suggest you QAcoustics and Dali Concept. The price will be 36-38k. Or else Acoustic Energy is also a good brand for budget floorstands.

If you want real quality speakers which will definitely not let you think of upgrade for another few years then go for Epos M series. Bookshelfs M12i is around 46k and towers expensive (92k).

First listen then decide. Do as much auditioning as you can.

Polk is good but they are budget speakers. Soon you will think of upgrading. So its better to wait, save, audition and purchase.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

akhil7

I want to thank you for guiding me towards Epos brand of Speakers.

I auditioned Epos Epic 5 Towers today along with Epos M22I and Q Acoustic 2050

Epos EPIC 5 - The pick of the lot though I found the Bass to heavy in some songs. Im sure I wont be needing a sub woofer come what may with these speakers. I would rather invest my money in another set of Towers ;)

Looks small but classy - Good things come in small packages and these speakers can deliver some BASS - I couldn't believe my ears and when compared to QAccoustic 2050 - the major difference I found were to be Bass and Clarity of Sound. Epic won hands down

These speakers were just out of the box so I am dead sure that with time they would mature and sound amazing.

Music used Rush (Album Signals) Western classical (Assorted Telarc CD) and then on to Jazz (Jean Luc Ponty) next was The Police - among my all time favorites, and then Best of Luther Vandross. Sweet - After all this variety it was the turn of Psychedelic Trance, AKOn/Sade and finally moved on to Hindi music - AR Rahman/Old classics/Gazhals

Once I was sure that QAcoustics 2050 was out of my list I added Epos M22I just for comparison ( 92K is way out of my budget for Tower speakers alone)

M22I - sounded very very warm and though was void of any distortions if i may say so did not sound pleasant to my ears

The it was EPOS all the way - These are definitely going to find a place in my home and my heart.

But i am in a real dilemma now just when I thought I had figured out which speakers I was going to pick up I was introduced to EPOS EPIC 5 and then I auditioned one more speaker :sad:

akhil7

Epos EPIC 5 - The pick of the lot though I found the Bass to heavy in some songs. Im sure I wont be needing a sub woofer come what may with these speakers. I would rather invest my money in another set of Towers ;)

Looks small but classy - Good things come in small packages and these speakers can deliver some BASS - I couldn't believe my ears and when compared to QAccoustic 2050 - the major difference I found were to be Bass and Clarity of Sound. Epic won hands down

These speakers were just out of the box so I am dead sure that with time they would mature and sound amazing.

Music used Rush (Album Signals) Western classical (Assorted Telarc CD) and then on to Jazz (Jean Luc Ponty) next was The Police - among my all time favorites, and then Best of Luther Vandross. Sweet - After all this variety it was the turn of Psychedelic Trance, AKOn/Sade and finally moved on to Hindi music - AR Rahman/Old classics/Gazhals

Once I was sure that QAcoustics 2050 was out of my list I added Epos M22I just for comparison ( 92K is way out of my budget for Tower speakers alone)

M22I - sounded very very warm and though was void of any distortions if i may say so did not sound pleasant to my ears

The it was EPOS all the way - These are definitely going to find a place in my home and my heart.

But i am in a real dilemma now just when I thought I had figured out which speakers I was going to pick up I was introduced to EPOS EPIC 5 and then I auditioned one more speaker :sad:

I forgot to add that these audition was done using Denon 1911 AVR and there was absolutely no problems

Secondly also forgot to add that I auditioned the Polk RTi A9 - and to keep it plain and simple - I am hooked on them

So now its going to be between Polk RTi A9/Focal 726V and EPOS Epic 5

So help me guys - I am getting some crazy ideas now as mentioned in my signature I do have the SUV 65 A Class AA integrated Stereo AMP just looking at new possibilities

Retain my HK 133 AVR for the time being for HT and use SUv65A amp for music Sell of my Jamo 5.1 Set and get two sets of Towers? :lol:

So help me friends...

akhil7

Olly,

Epos you can buy with closed eyes. I have Epos M22i and M12i speakers and for movies I used M22i and no subwoofer. I do have Deftech Prosub1000 and believe me, its just lying there in corner. You really don't need a Sub with M22i speakers.

Epos speakers you can easily listen for hours and you wont feel tired. Polk are bright and you cannot listen to them for more than 2 hours. Well this is my opinion cuz i dont like bright sound at all. I can listen to Epos all day and they are really warm to ears.

Go for Epos and you will be happy. :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back