Funny Though - Effect of Mobile on Remote?

parambir

Well as the tittle says and though it may sound funny, has anyone noticed any effect of incoming or outgoing call using mobile on functioning of remote control?

Here is what I have noticed though not really sure. Whenever I make or receive a call on my Samsung Note 3 on Whatsapp or Facebook messenger, and I try to mute, or reduce volume of Yamaha V681, the remote gets sluggish and does not respond. Even power off button does not work... I might be wrong but just what I observed. Could be battery connection issues at times? I am using Duracell.

Any comments?

First off, sorry to reply to a dead thread, somehow I felt compelled to do so (logged in after YEARS, may be that's what it is).

In theory if it is an RF remote then it can interference with cellular signals. Again depends on how strong the interference is (bad mobile signal = high radiation from mobile = more interference), at what frequency bands they both operate and how well the wireless standards are implemented in both. From my reading on the internet many cell phones (mostly chinese) exceed safe radiation levels. It is same case with wifi routers these days, everyone has one and you need to use software to detect which bands are heavily used by neighbors and avoid them if your router supports other bands.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: How can you tell if a cell phone radiates too much? IT causes headaches (confirmed by a friend who works on cellphone antennas)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back