Furman Power conditioners

panditji

Hi

Furman has been an old established brand in the power conditioning product line... Wanted to know if anyone has experience with some of the below products in India:

https://www.amazon.in/Furman-PST-6-...MTTTDS3M56G&psc=1&refRID=S2BSN52FWMTTTDS3M56G

https://www.amazon.in/Furman-AC-215...srs=3896826031&ie=UTF8&qid=1553151044&sr=8-14

Not sure if they are 110V or 230V on amazon but they seem perfect for audio equipment... Wanted to know if anyone is using them and if it did bring about any SQ benefits...

I have used Furman for many years. There is an Indian dealer in Hyderabad. I have found them to be robustly built quality appliances. And their international like is 230V

Panditji, I have a Furman Linear Power Conditioner Elite 16. My Power amp, DAC and PC don't like to be be routed via the conditioner, while my CDP and Preamp seem to benefit from it. I haven't understood why. I run a dedicated line from the dp box to the online ups which then feeds my audio setup including the conditioner. There are no wall sockets in the chain. Would love to hear the experiences of other FM's, either with the Furman or other brands.
Cheers!

Strange that inspite of a dedicated power line some components benefit and some don't... I started the thread as my power supply seems below average and I do not have any dedicated power line to my equipment.. Was hoping I could bypass all that effort and buy a reasonably priced power conditioner which gives added protection.. I am currently using an APC power socket which aims to suppress spikes/surges while also reducing EMI/RFI interference.. Then again I wont know until I hear one in my own system which seems impossible.. Hoping to hear other owners' feedback..

im just shooting in the dark but how about the barracuda from sound foundations?

My Power amp, DAC and PC don't like to be be routed via the conditioner, while my CDP and Preamp seem to benefit from it. I haven't understood why.
Hi Kishore,
From my limited knowledge and experience, power amps perform best when plugged directly into the wall outlet.
Even plugging it into a simple power strip changes the sound of the amp.
In your case where you have a dedicated audio line, plugging the power amp directly to the wall will give you best results.
Regards

Soundfoundations Baracuda
Hi Kishore,
From my limited knowledge and experience, power amps perform best when plugged directly into the wall outlet.
Even plugging it into a simple power strip changes the sound of the amp.
In your case where you have a dedicated audio line, plugging the power amp directly to the wall will give you best results.
Regards
I don't have a wall socket, which is even better :)

How does it work then ? Where does the amp get power from ?
There is a dedicated phase from the dp box to an 3kva emerson dual conversion ups that hopefully takes care of surges and spikes, apart from steady voltage and sine wave. That is one cable. A second cable runs from the ups to my power conditioner. A parallel cable from the ups runs directly into my power amp. So no wall sockets.

I recently introduced Equitech to my system and though I have had several changes/swaps of DAC, preamp etc..but this is the one that brought in the greatest improvement. I would not say that there was something that I could not hear and can hear now but it lowered the noise floor (I mean that is the best way to put it but only God knows what these guys do :)) but it brought in (or at least that is how it feels psychologically) a great amount of orderliness to what is being delivered from the system that essentially enhanced the realism side of perception.

So, I did some reading on Equitech and Furman side-by-side and can say with confidence that if one has mid to high high fidelity system, something from Audiophile range from Furman sound is must.

I would even go to an extent to suggest that that whoever is planning to build a new system or invest good amount on existing system, must look into this. Based on whatever I have experimented so far and its results, the Equitech with a stock cord too shows substantial improvement.

I know it is a substantial investment but whatever I have been hearing from my system since Equitech's introduction suggests that without one, we are not probably utilizing full capabilities of our system.

Last edited:
I recently introduced Equitech to my system and though I have had several changes/swaps of DAC, preamp etc..but this is the one that brought in the greatest improvement. I would not say that there was something that I could not hear and can hear now but it lowered the noise floor (I mean that is the best way to put it but on God know what these guys do :)) but it brought in (or at least that is how it feels psychologically) a great amount of orderliness to what is being delivered from the system that essentially enhanced the realism side of perception.

So, I did some reading on Equitech and Furman side-by-side and can say with confidence that if one has mid to high high fidelity system, something from Audiophile range from Furman sound is must.

I would even go to an extent to suggest that that whoever is planning to build a new system or invest good amount on existing system, must look into this. Based on whatever I have experimented so far and its results, the Equitech with a stock cord too shows substantial improvement.

I know it is a substantial investment but whatever I have been hearing from my system since Equitech's introduction suggests that without one, we are not probably utilizing full capabilities of our system.
Could you please provide the link to the product?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back