Garrard TT Service in Delhi

rpm

Hello friends, I have a Garrard AT-60 Turntable , which requires servicing and a bit of arm adjustments. Any suggestions of repair person/ technicians in Delhi please?

I have found a vintage technician in Delhi. He has agreed to service my Garrard AT60 Turntable. He mentioned that the idler wheel which has become hard as a rock needs replacement. He said he will look for it but also suggested that i also explore the possibility of getting the idler wheel. I need advice from fellow FMs on where to procure the idler wheel and what could be the tentative cost of the idler wheel.
Best regards
RPM

Hey, I have been doing the rounds to get vintage gear repaired in the last decade or so in Delhi and there is a high probability that I would have already interacted with this technician. I might be able to share some feedback as to how good/bad/ugly this technician's skills are. Do share the details of this person. I am happy to engage with you over the phone if it helps you in any way. Cheers!!

If you are looking for the highest quality idler wheel spares for Garrard changes, this is the place to go, but they are expensive. I have purchased idler wheels from them in the past for Garrard changer repairs. They can refurbish old wheels if you send it to them and they can also send you completely new ones. However quality comes at a price and they are expensive. There is the idler replacement for the AT60.

Alternately you can also try with Mr. Shafi, he repairs old turntables and may have spare parts with him. He is quite good to deal with and I've purchased replacement sapphire styli for ceramic carts from him in the past. Prices are quite reasonable too.

Hey, I have been doing the rounds to get vintage gear repaired in the last decade or so in Delhi and there is a high probability that I would have already interacted with this technician. I might be able to share some feedback as to how good/bad/ugly this technician's skills are. Do share the details of this person. I am happy to engage with you over the phone if it helps you in any way. Cheers!!

Thank you for your willingness to offer comments. The technician was referred to me by an acquaintance. His name is Mr. Paramjit Singh, his shop is located at E-5, Shop No. 9, Lower Ground Floor, Main Road, Kalkaji, Delhi - 110019, (Below Airtel Office)

I will be indeed very happy to hear from you.
Best regards
RPM

audio-shack-electronics.jpg
audio-shack-electronics-shope.jpg

Thank you for your willingness to offer comments. The technician was referred to me by an acquaintance. His name is Mr. Paramjit Singh, his shop is located at E-5, Shop No. 9, Lower Ground Floor, Main Road, Kalkaji, Delhi - 110019, (Below Airtel Office)

I will be indeed very happy to hear from you.
Best regards
RPM

View attachment 44481
View attachment 44482

Seems to have a decent looking repair shop and the looks of the gentleman also suggest that he's old-school. He's looks the part definitely :).
Like the name - Shack :)

Also I have a suggestion, if you are ready to invest some time and look around, especially in old radio shops, electronics parts salvage shops, etc - if can find the idler wheel of any of these models, they can be used with your AT60.

AT5LM, AT6, Autoslim /-P, SL55 / -B, SL65 /-B, SL72B, SL75 / -B, SL95 / -B, SLX / -2 / -3, SP20B, SP25 (Mark I-IV), X10, 20, 30, 40B, 40MkII, 50, 50MkII, 55TT, 60, 60MkII, 82, 1000, 1025, 2000, 2025, 2025T, 2025TC, 3000, 3025, 3500, 4000, Zero 92, Zero 100, 100C

Garrard was famous for sharing parts between models. Some old time experts used to judge whether a Garrard turntable was of a better class or mass market class, by looking up parts compatibility among the models. The logic used is that the peer group determines the position in the hierarchy :)

Last edited:
There is one person Tariq in Delhi who might be able to help. He is know to some Delhi folks here.

Can you s
There is one person Tariq in Delhi who might be able to help. He is know to some Delhi folks here.
Hi,
Can you share the details of Tariq ? And did the OP get his TT fixed by Mr. Singh ? A review of his work would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

I have found a vintage technician in Delhi. He has agreed to service my Garrard AT60 Turntable. He mentioned that the idler wheel which has become hard as a rock needs replacement. He said he will look for it but also suggested that i also explore the possibility of getting the idler wheel. I need advice from fellow FMs on where to procure the idler wheel and what could be the tentative cost of the idler wheel.
Best regards
RPM
i will try and update you

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back