GIK Acoustics now has distribution in India!!

Bharathram

Guys,

I just happened to get in touch with GIK folks in UK for getting their panels for my Room treatment. I was initially thinking that I need to import it which would end up in 2X the actual cost. But ,to my surprise their marketing manager told me that GIK now have a distributor in India based out of Bangalore. The dealer's name is Santhosh (Mobile no : 9900716198) and he runs this company which does acoustics for auditoriums and theatres. He is a very busy man traveling extensively on acoustics projects for auditoriums and institutions. I will be meeting him sometime next week in Bangalore and have a look at his demo room too.

I am thrilled that GIK is now available in India and I am sure there are other people in this forum who feel the same too.

Needless to say, GIK is revered as one of the best products available in the acoustics industry!! .

This is huge .....

I was looking for high quality panels for my room since long time. GIK is as good as it gets.

Thanks for the info and the mobile number, will get in touch with him.

Dear All,

Sorry i could not write back on this post, thanks for introducing me to the forum. Currently i am in the processing of having some stock in india. Soon we will have stock here, but still if someone in need urgently i can help them in getting it shipped via air.

Please post your requirements, please contact me at [email protected] or +91-9900716198 / +91-9986058089.

Santhosh / Vinay
Innovative Engineering & Design Consultants
Bangalore.

Good to hear that Santosh. As you already know (via our few phone and email conversations) I am interested in the gridfusors. Do let me know when you have them in stock.
Cheers,
Sid

Would love to check out the GIK panels have heard a lot, if anyone has bought these please post your experience with the panels.

What Cameras they use in those auditoriums. I mean what about video part, do you do consultansy for video part also or just audio and acoustics

Dear All,

Sorry i could not write back on this post, thanks for introducing me to the forum. Currently i am in the processing of having some stock in india. Soon we will have stock here, but still if someone in need urgently i can help them in getting it shipped via air.

Please post your requirements, please contact me at [email protected] or +91-9900716198 / +91-9986058089.

Santhosh / Vinay
Innovative Engineering & Design Consultants
Bangalore.

Any update on this? Have you received stock yet? If not when will you have it? Air shipping is too expensive, almost equal to the cost of the product so not worth it. Please let us know.
Cheers,
Sid

No idea whats going on there...the last I heard from them was in mid-March when they said they are waiting for their stocks to arrive. I followed up on this in the beginning of June but have not got any response yet...

A lot of people have been waiting..This does not bode well for after sales service if getting stocks to India is taking so much time....Not too confident about buying now and looking at getting locally made stuff...

Guys, we are in continues process of getting stocks here in INDIA, Some problem happened with Import license having these stocks in India. Now everything is clear, GIK has got enough stock in UK and supplying is also not a problem. Please allow us little more time, you people can start sending your requirements. Accordingly i will arrange for the same. Please contact me on the following. If any body is interested to see the panels in our demo room, please contact me. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Santhosh
Innovative Engineering - GIK Acoustics
+91-9900716198
[email protected]
Bangalore/Mysore.

Guys, we are in continues process of getting stocks here in INDIA, Some problem happened with Import license having these stocks in India. Now everything is clear, GIK has got enough stock in UK and supplying is also not a problem. Please allow us little more time, you people can start sending your requirements. Accordingly i will arrange for the same. Please contact me on the following. If any body is interested to see the panels in our demo room, please contact me. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Santhosh
Innovative Engineering - GIK Acoustics
+91-9900716198
[email protected]
Bangalore/Mysore.

Thanks Santosh,
I am mailing my requirements right away.
Cheers,
Sid

I have had a bad experience in ordering some panels from Santosh/Innovative Engineering/GIK.
I am waiting for them to resolve a pending issue. I will post further on this as things develop.
Cheers,
Sid

I ordered 2 boxes of Gridfusors more than a month ago and paid upfront. They arrived 5 days back. All 8 Panels (2' x 2' to be dropped into ceiling grid) are broken into many smaller pieces. Packing was flimsy single box of cardboard. Immediately informed Santhosh and GIK UK from where they were shipped (imagine shipping from uk in single cardboard boxes, I bought books and Cd's that were packed better). I asked for refund first or even replacement. Santhosh first blamed TNT saying it is their responsibility. Now he is is asking me to return boxes first. I asked him to have them picked up from my place - as 1) Boxes are in bad shape and I don't want to take responsibility if further breakage happens 2) I don't to pay for shipping - boxes are very big so high cost 3) They are too big so pick up at home is required. So far no response from him.
I am hoping he refunds my money - he says it cost him more than what I paid to import - not sure how that is my problem when he gave me the price and accepted my payment.
I have also emailed GIK UK and GIK USA. GIK Uk replied saying Santosh will get back to me. Waiting for resolution.
Meanwhile beware while dealing with Innovative Engineering. I have all the email and sms transcripts with me. I do not want to post all these as there are many.
Cheers,
Sid

Attachments

• panels (3).jpg
    panels (3).jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back