God's Own Country bekons

ghatgepatil

I am planning to do a leisure trip to Kerala with family, in October. Better half is insisting on a short trip to Kanyakumari too. A brief internet check tells me to start the trip from Trivandrum, preferably stay there for 3 nights and then plan forward. Am keen to explore the backwaters too. So that makes it either Alleppey or Kumarakom.

Look forward to receiving valued suggestions in this regard. I may be able to put in 2 or 3 nights at Alleppey/Kumarakom. Can drop Munnar, since, have been to many hill-stations all over the country, so, can give this a miss.

Advice on hotels would also be welcome. Tariff @ 3.5 K/night max.

Idea is not to see too many spots in the week long vacation. This would be more of enjoying the sea, the back-waters, gorge on the sea-food and other Kerala delicacies and obviously the one and only 'kallu' (toddy). :)

i'm from north part (NOT EXACTLY..MIDDLE REALLY, ERNAKULAM) of kerala so im not familiar with Trivandrum side, im sure it'd be great i have been to allepy/kumarkom though....being a keralite, backwaters didn't enchant me as much as my relatives place which had access to huge rivers such a periyar and mini islands with teak plantation (govt protected) et al...so in essense, kerala is all about the nooks and corner...every village has something scenic to offer. with kerala its about travel really. places you pass thru is definitely an experience.

if possible, do travel by train (konkan railway), you really pass thru beautiful segments in Karnataka...and when you enter kerala - you'll know you entered kerala :)

if you have been to tea gardens then probably yes, you could give munnar a miss...but the drive to munnar and the place itself is enchanting. other than that, any famous place you talk about in kerala is worth going.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back