• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale GoldenEar Triton 3 speakers

Audiolab 6000CDT Dedicated CD Transport
Status
Not open for further replies.

jai1611

Up for sale are my GoldenEar Triton 3 speakers. Just over three months old.

I had picked them up at a very good price from the distributor clearance sale in June (had posted about it here: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/goldenear-nuforce-clearance.70570/). Taking about a 35% haircut on my landed cost and pricing them at Rs50k. This price is firm, for anything below this I would rather use them as home theater speakers. Local sale in Bangalore only as shipping was a reasonably large portion of the cost. I have the original boxes.

The speakers have warranty till early december. Since they were bought in clearance, they only carried 6 months of warranty.
The speakers have an active bass section. The amplifier in one of the speakers had developed a fault and was replaced under warranty. Been working at a 100% since.

The speakers have a ribbon tweeter, a separate midrange and an active bass section. They also have passive radiators to support the bass. The bass level can be set at the back panel so tuning them to a room is possible. However, they do need some room on the sides and back. I've tried them with a range of amps. They worked best with a low powered Pass AmpCamp class A amp (5w, low damping factor) along with a lyrita tube preamp. This pairing suggests that they would work well with tubes but this is not something I've personally tried. They also did well with Naim. Not recommended to partner with bright amps in my view.

Reason for sale is upgrading to PMC speakers. The GoldenEars were an impulse purchase and never quite suited my listening style. They sound excellent when you sit in the sweet spot but fall off quite a bit if you are in a different part of the room.

The speakers will be available for demo in the current setup till Sunday afternoon (will set up the new speakers Sunday evening). Post that will be set up in a sub optimal spot and hooked up to an AV receiver.

20180914_074116.jpg

20180914_073954.jpg

20180914_073926.jpg

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.
Status
Not open for further replies.