Good 5.1 receiver

ngd

Hello Folks,

I have the KEF T305 speaker set and am looking for a good 5.2 receiver. 80% of the usage is Netflix.

I don't plan to own any Blu-rays or DVDs. Won't move to 7.2 in the foreseeable future.

I am willing to spend up to 2 lakh for great sound. My room is medium sized.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
-Nikhil

Marantz SR series (5013/6013) or look at older models (5011/6011 or 5012/6012) you will get them cheaper....

Denon 3xxx models onwards...

Pioneer LX 302 / LX 303

Yamaha Aventage Series A1070 or A1080 or older models A2070 / A2080....

All depends on your budget.....pls provide specifics in room size....(Feet / Meters)

12×18 feet is the room size.

Budget for AVR: 2 lakh

I don't plan on auditioning anything cos it's never the same. Looking for something that has spent the money in SQ rather than features I am never going to use.

I am planning on a NAD T758 as my Marantz pre 7701 has died for the second time.
Will initially be hooking it up to a 5 channel external amp (Parasound).

Go for either NAD or Anthem I think these have better sound quality than the rest

This seems like too good a price. Thumb rule is India price is 1.40 * US Street price.

12×18 feet is the room size.

Budget for AVR: 2 lakh

I don't plan on auditioning anything cos it's never the same. Looking for something that has spent the money in SQ rather than features I am never going to use.

Hi

If you are gonna spend that kind of money then its wise to audition the High End series of brands....since you will not use the features much it makes sense to buy older models which serve the purpose for SQ.

Marantz NAD and Cambridge Audio = Music first principle....good SQ

Yamaha & Pioneer = 50:50 ration for music and movies....

Denon , Onkyo, = More into movies delivery

Dont rush.......make a trip to Mumbai where there are multiple dealers....audition and decide what pleases your ears and expectations.....

All the best

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back