Good asking price for Arcam A85, Usher S520?

being.anon

Hi all,
This is my first post here. I'm going to try and sell my amp and speakers. I'm wondering what a good asking price would be.

Amp: Arcam A85 integrated (two pairs of speakers; pre-out and post-in available; full-function remote). I used it for a year and a half; it has scratches.

Speakers: Usher S-520 (75W, 8 ohms), wooden finish. I used them off and on for a year and a half... they haven't been sitting too long without use, but I've not used them full-time either.

I'm guessing I'll need to sell them elsewhere if I ask this question :lol: Does someone have an idea of what price I should be looking at?

Hi all,
This is my first post here. I'm going to try and sell my amp and speakers. I'm wondering what a good asking price would be.

Amp: Arcam A85 integrated (two pairs of speakers; pre-out and post-in available; full-function remote). I used it for a year and a half; it has scratches.

Speakers: Usher S-520 (75W, 8 ohms), wooden finish. I used them off and on for a year and a half... they haven't been sitting too long without use, but I've not used them full-time either.

I'm guessing I'll need to sell them elsewhere if I ask this question :lol: Does someone have an idea of what price I should be looking at?

Nice! A seller asking a mob of frenzied buyers what price to sell at ... :eek:hyeah: I would recommend an asking price of rupees 99.99 only. I am first in queue .. :licklips:

On a more serious note, 10% depreciation per annum looks good to me to start with.

Cheers

Hi all,

admire your modesty .... But dont worry what ever price you quote we will ask you for a better price (buyers) ............ to help you more go thru the for sale by owner threads (also read the rules of posting for sale)there were few ushers and amps sold in the past.. May be you can get an idea...

errrrrrr ..... I offer 50% more to Gobble's last price .... Deal done?
Lets shake hands .......

OK. My ConBank account number is 0123456. Please deposit Rs 150 into my account :lol:

But seriously, "10% depreciation per year" (which Gobble mentioned) does seem like a good starting point. It's also close to my guess!

admire your modesty .... But dont worry what ever price you quote we will ask you for a better price (buyers) ............ to help you more go thru the for sale by owner threads (also read the rules of posting for sale)there were few ushers and amps sold in the past.. May be you can get an idea...

Hmmm. Apparently the search function didn't work properly before I registered! Thanks.

Having bought and sold some stuff in the last few months I believe 10% depreciation a year would be wishful thinking.I tried every means of selling my 3 month old Nad C375 Amp/C545 CDP,even flew to Bangalore to find a buyer.The best I finally got was 30% less and this for 3 month old,virtually new,original packing,manual etc.Later I Sold my 4 month old Dynaudio Audience 122 at a 35% discount.Learnt a good lesson from these sales.Never buy new!Everything I bought after these sales,I bought lightly,used/demo/at 40-50% off their full price.I like Arcam a lot but I would put a fair price of a 1-2 year old used Arcam A85(Discontinued) at about 30-35K.But whoever buys the Arcam at whatever price will be happy with it.

Good find Vinod James Bond :)

To the OP
I am not sure if the amp will reach in 1 piece if you just plan to use bubble wrap and paper for packing

Bubble wrap

It's fine, really. Over a decade of shipping stuff including CRT monitors and tape decks, I've found that bubble wrap + crumpled paper works very well. Other packaging also works, of course.

@ Being Anon... respect your sentiments of being anonymous ;) but was wondering if you still have the ARCAM A85 for sale.. am unable to PM you . any other means ?? please let me know if interested...

TC and happy selling :cheers:

Last edited:
@rudy!-dude its a more than two years old thread!...trying your luck at it to get it at 50% off?lol

Couldnt hurt right :D ergo.. the .. 'IF you still have it' .. statement :D .. I know was reaching too far.. but what the hey..right.. its just digital text.. doesn't cost me a dime.. :D

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back