Good basic amplifier for Rs 850 [Cemex brand]

goyal.sanchit

Hello everyone

I would like to share info about a product I purchased recently.

Backdrop-
I had got a 5.1 system [JBL Cinema 300+ Denon avr 1311] + 2 ceiling speakers for my room with a wrong calculation that I would be able to connect ceiling speakers as well to the avr. So I found I couldnt connect them and since then ceiling speakers were lying unused.

Present- I wanted a basic amplifier to run 2 speakers at my Showroom. I got a basic amplifier for Rs 850 and quite happy with the performance. It has some features-

1.) Separate tone and balance control.

2.) FM player.

3.) Aux player.

4.) Usb and sd card reader.

5.) Remote with equaliser and various other controls.

1 Year warranty.

I dont know how much a basic amp cost but I am happy with its performance.

This is how the amp looks

Ut4us.jpg

The remote-

pw0nb.jpg

if speakers are incapable like wall speakers..cheap amp will do.
if u can hang 2 boston acoustics wall speakers add our s.m.s.l. tripath amp..sound will be years ahead

where did you buy this from?
cheers

I bought it from the local market.

Hey, what brand are the speakers that are connected to this? And their specs?

Thanks!

The brand is ahuja. I have no idea about the specifications. It costed about 750 Rs for 1 speaker.

In few days I would connect the same amp to default car speakers of Swift Dzire which I have installed in ceiling. :D Lets see hows the performance.

Such cheap amps will soon flood the market. Courtesy China!

Chinese are manufacturing goods at unbelievably low prices. Recently I met a guy who works in the marketing of a fairly well-known manufacturer. He occupies a high position in his company. We exchanged emails and he put me on his mailing list that he sends to distributors (not dealers). I was shocked to see the prices, I thought may be there was something I didn't understand. Full-fledged DVD players, which I have seen on the shelf in the supermarkets selling in 30-50 USD bracket, their prices (distributor prices), were like 10-15-20 USD. So, by the time they reach the consumer, their price nearly triples!

About this amp: "Kits" for such amps (wholesale rate) start at about 200 odd rupees. So importers are still making tons of profit despite such jaw dropping low consumer rates.

HOWEVER, failure rate of China made goods is very high.

They will definitely last much longer than 1 year. It's not like the stuff they make is absolutely filmsy. But the quality definitely is low. Which is not totally unexpected at such prices. It's a miracle in the first place that they can make and sell audio equipments at such unthinkably low prices.

Its written, 4440! so, I hope they run on Sanyo's LA4440 which is quite common among local branded stuff, bt when made by good hands sounds decent.. If I m right about this component , the amp section wont cost more than Rs.300 in chennai(two IC's bridged and a Bass treble section) This system then must have a 2 amps transformer,and a USB dac,which I dont have any idea..how much they cost ... :)

And if I m right about the IC, I know where they can sound good, use some speaker which has some overpowering mids,than the highs and lows,this IC basically sounds dull.. with mids.. basically I mean with some "warm" speakers.. Funny, but I had good results,when my AUDIO IMAGE VII was tied to a cheap amp,based on LA4440, compared to when they were connected to my HK AVR2000.(these speakers had used to sound like the singer was screaming,when it was with HT amp!)I think bridged IC's give 9W / channel..

@captrajesh
I stumbled on this amp (cemex) in an electronic shop that sells anything from incandescent bulb to LED TV. Bought it for 3500, just 2 days ago. I'm really impressed with its performance. It is not the same one that is discussed in this thread. I'm sure mine has transistors or mosfets. It also has Bluetooth. I'm loving it.

Edit:
Just to add, it is written 70 W + 70 W in the front, and has a nice big heatsink at the rear. Solid build. Unbelievable for the price. Can post some pics if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine recently visited me from Vietnam and he bought a number of different amps with him. It's amazing how they could integrate all the technology for a price of mere 1000INR. Couple of them caught my attention from a company called Lepy. They also have tube amplifiers for about 2000 bucks. Not only they play well but they look great just sitting at a bookshelf.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back