Good Budget floorstanders for Yamaha

paimpozhil

Hi All,

Here is the situation.

I own a 5.1 YHT 299 HTIB package that came with NSP40 speakers package & subwoofer.

Now I've purchased this new Yamaha RX-V581 AVR from the USA. (7.1 )

Current setup.

TV Room (21wx17l)
TV Room has the Yamaha 5.1 receiver (HTR-3066) with 2x Front Speakers and 1 Center speaker from the package (NS-P 20)

Movie room (17wx21l)
this room has the Yamaha 7.1 receiver ( RX-V581 ) with 2x Rear speakers & the subwoofer from the same package ( NS-P 20)

I am not a music enthusiast by any standards, I just need a 'decent' value for money speakers. I know how a crappy speaker sounds so I just want something decent, not looking to spend a load of money here.

To give you an idea of my music listening level, I was 100% happy with the 5.1 HTIB setup for the projector and just the VU TV's stock speakers were good enough until a month ago for the TV.

However the TV felt low & its backpanel was unreachable & the Sony's HT-RT3 sound bar was inadequate for the size of our room.

So I moved my HTIB box to the TV room and it now feels good enough ( not quite decent definitely not awesome).

Now the 7.1 setup with 2 borrowed speakers & Sub from the HTIB feels the same, good enough as a stop gap.

Instead of going with a package I have decided to go slowly with just the large fronts then add more speakers slowly depending on the time/cost.

So now since the TV & the Movie room both lacks a large speaker.. what do you think will help start this

Initially I was looking at Taga 5.0 606 speakers as that will give me 5 speakers in one go and it didn't look expensive but I am not sure how much of an upgrade it will be over the NSP20 package?

Now I am looking at Yamaha Floorstander NS-8390 would this be a nice noticeable upgrade

TV Room wont really need a SUB as it is not not intended to be the primary movie / loud music place but I want the FS to handle some of the low frequencies and not sound like the stock TV speakers.

My total ALL INCLUSIVE budget would be 60K (for all the speakers I may
need) and I am setting aside like 20K for the FS pair

Is this reasonable budget to get what I am looking for?.

I just have few companies to go and audition as I live in a Tier 2/3 city And they milk me like crazy & I would prefer just deciding & purchasing online

Okay so this is what I would do.

Move the sub to the TV room and run TV audio in 3.1 format. Fronts, center and sub.

Retain the rear surrounds in the movie room. Get a pair of bookshelves and a sub. Run this in 4.1 setup till you decide on the center. Some may advice on center before sub(4.0 setup), so that decision would be yours, sub or center first with the fronts. For movies, you definitely need a sub, so no point in going for towers unless you really want to have towers. A good pair of bookshelves that can go down to 60hz and a sub that can take care of frequencies below that will be a good setup.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the Advice .

1. Moving the sub to the TV room.

2. a good sub is expensive so I may not be able to afford it immediately,

what about buying a Tower and run it in 4.0 so we dont miss the Sub for a bit more time?

Would an NS 8390 low's be atleast comparable to the bass from the cheap subwoofer that came with the NS-P20 Package ?

Assuming I am getting bookshelf suggest a good one in this budget please?

Okay so this is what I would do.

Move the sub to the TV room and run TV audio in 3.1 format. Fronts, center and sub.

Retain the rear surrounds in the movie room. Get a pair of bookshelves and a sub. Run this in 4.1 setup till you decide on the center. Some may advice on center before sub(4.0 setup), so that decision would be yours, sub or center first with the fronts. For movies, you definitely need a sub, so no point in going for towers unless you really want to have towers. A good pair of bookshelves that can go down to 60hz and a sub that can take care of frequencies below that will be a good setup.

MaSh

Thanks for the Advice .

1. Moving the sub to the TV room.

2. a good sub is expensive so I may not be able to afford it immediately,

what about buying a Tower and run it in 4.0 so we dont miss the Sub for a bit more time?

Would an NS 8390 low's be atleast comparable to the bass from the cheap subwoofer that came with the NS-P20 Package ?

Assuming I am getting bookshelf suggest a good one in this budget please?

You can definitely get a tower and not buy a sub now, however, you will eventually feel the need and add a sub to the system.

Polk rti series, Dali zensor 3, q acoustics 2000 or 3000 series, elac B6 are some of the good speakers I have heard and used personally. You can also check Pioneer AJ series book shelves which ran circles around the Yamaha 8390 when heard them at a reliance digital outlet. 8390 were just no match to them in any department.

MaSh

I am sure you are right about these bookshelves killing the NS 8390 but they seem to be 2-3x the cost? I can get the NS 8390 at 18k for a pair but seems these bookshelves are like 20k / each

Let me know If i am wrong

You can definitely get a tower and not buy a sub now, however, you will eventually feel the need and add a sub to the system.

Polk rti series, Dali zensor 3, q acoustics 2000 or 3000 series, elac B6 are some of the good speakers I have heard and used personally. You can also check Pioneer AJ series book shelves which ran circles around the Yamaha 8390 when heard them at a reliance digital outlet. 8390 were just no match to them in any department.

MaSh

Dali zensor 3 @ 32k/pair. If strictly in budget go for boston acoustics A26 from eBay @15k for pair.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I used to own the ns 8390's. They are a bang for the bucket if used for movies. Music wise they just don't cut it. Plenty of bass if positioned correctly. The Yamaha receiver will work fine with them. How big is your room?

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Sorry didn't read the first post correctly. Your room should be fine.

Hi,

Read about Onkyo SKF 4800, its a beautiful speaker with excellent value for money. Comes with dual 160mm woofer. It has good online user review. And costs around Rs 24,000/- in India thru authorised channel, you can ask for discount too. See Onkyo India web page for dealer details.

I used to own the ns 8390's. They are a bang for the bucket if used for movies. Music wise they just don't cut it. Plenty of bass if positioned correctly. The Yamaha receiver will work fine with them. How big is your room?

Yeah its like 17x21 feet and I only care about movies and our music primarily will be youtube so not really expecting it to do any wonders :)

Hi,

Read about Onkyo SKF 4800, its a beautiful speaker with excellent value for money. Comes with dual 160mm woofer. It has good online user review. And costs around Rs 24,000/- in India thru authorised channel, you can ask for discount too. See Onkyo India web page for dealer details.

Is that for a pair?

I just have few companies to go and audition as I live in a Tier 2/3 city And they milk me like crazy

Tier 1 is no exception :eek:hyeah: Itz the same way :eek:hyeah:

I would prefer just deciding & purchasing online

Better idea IMO..

Movie room (17wx21l)

This is a fairly large room..

Instead of going with a package I have decided to go slowly with just the large fronts then add more speakers slowly depending on the time/cost.

If you are referring to FS as large fronts, i doubt if they fill the bass for your room size...

Dual subs should do the job easily & would be best.. Anyways since you are short of budget, best to take the upgrade progressively..

Now I've purchased this new Yamaha RX-V581 AVR from the USA. (7.1 )

Now the 7.1 setup with 2 borrowed speakers & Sub from the HTIB feels the same, good enough as a stop gap.

My total ALL INCLUSIVE budget would be 60K (for all the speakers I may need) and I am setting aside like 20K for the FS pair

The satellites in Yamaha NSP-20 speakers are 83db efficient.. Look for a speaker that is more efficient and easy on the pocket.. Check this - https://www.hifimart.com/speakers/bookshelf-monitor/oem-se-420-speaker-black-finish-pair.html

These are 91db efficient and 8K a pair.. You may need wall mounts though..each speaker is roughly 8db efficient than NSP-20.. This should def help for your room size..

MaSh; You can also take a look at [url said:
http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00CHHC...4vL&ref=plSrch[/url]. I think this is for a pair, however do confirm before paying.

That is a listing by cart2india and should be avoided as it will cost much more (must be for each, not pair) and without warranty. If you want polk speakers, go through Profx. TSX 330 pair will cost 32k MRP. 10% discount can be added.
Product Detail - PROFX

That is a listing by cart2india and should be avoided as it will cost much more (must be for each, not pair) and without warranty. If you want polk speakers, go through Profx. TSX 330 pair will cost 32k MRP. 10% discount can be added.
Product Detail - PROFX
Ahhh that clears it. Thanks.

What do you think about andrew jones bookshelf

Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Andrew Jones Designed Bookshelf Loudspeakers Price: Buy Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Andrew Jones Designed Bookshelf Loudspeakers Online in India -Amazon.in

at this cost 22.5k ?

that being said I would love to have a FS mostly for the looks haha and from Polk sounds nicer , I hate cart2india crap usually
These are really good speakers. You will not regret buying these.

MaSh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back