Good entry level HTIB/ Package

Varman

Hi Friends

Good evening

I have recently joined in this forum . I am planning to buy entry level HTib / Combo package .My budget is 50k. I watch 60% movies and 40% music .My room size 16'x16'.

Please suggest good models / combo packages .Also share the place where I can get audition in Pune & Coimbatore.

Hi

Entry level AVRs + speakers cost from 30k onwards....you can visit a Vijay Sales / Croma / reliance digital.....and see models from Yamaha / Pioneer / Onkyo.......

These are basic entry level ones....as you increase your budget, there are different AVRs which have different features...performance also differs....each brand has their pros and cons...you need to audition and decide.....

Hi

Thanks for reply .
This morning I visited RD, and auditioned Yamaha 299 & 1810 . But not able to spent good time for audition due to crowd & issues in system. (Dushera & Diwali sales )

Croma & Vijay sales are having only Yamaha 196 but I didn't like the sound .

I visited THE SOUNDSCAPE ,Aundh . I got audition for Denon X520BT with POLK TL 1600 Speakers . I am fully satisfied with results but the cost is beyond my budget(76k)

Then visited CINEBELS ,Aundh. Here I got audition for Denon X520BT with JAMO S426 . Really awesome .I liked this very much . But again its out of my budget ( 86k).

Actually after experiencing all these I have decided to go for Combo packages than HTib though it will be more than my budget price . May be I can go upgrade one by one .

POLK T50 is good but its costlier than Jamo price .

Need expert suggestions please .

Thanks in advance .

Hi

Taga speakers seem to be within budget...decide on the AVR....it should fit in your budget

HTIB is good for movies. Usually people have issues when it comes to music playback and people sometimes prefer a 2.0 setup.

Now that you have started to audition......I would advice to take time and be patient. Start slowly building one by one. HTiB route due to budget constraint will end you land up nowhere but in disappointment.
50K is a good budget, just up it by another 10k. Go for a decent AVR and BS speakers. Later look at Center Channel and then Sub. You can move the BS to surrounds if you want to go for FS in the future.
DO NOT HURRY.

Yes... rather than going for full 5.1 setup at once, you can build your setup slowly by adding components one by one.
If your room is not really big (lets say less than 14x14) then you can start without center and/or subwoofer. You can add the remaining components later.
Look for good AVR and few points worth consideration are:
* Avoid entry level if possible which contains spring sockets for speaker cable connection rather than screw type connectors. Spring connectors easily get corrosion and do not accept thick AWG cables & banana plugs.
* If you like to listen lossless audio songs (like flac, ALAC, etc.), check if front panel USB is capable of playing HD audio.
* Save money in AVR, if you can, and choose good front speakers.

You can look for pre-owned equipment as well to start with. Please let me know if interested in pre-owned AVR, I am looking for an upgrade.

Echoing what other FMs mentioned. If you have a passion towards good movie experience, please do not go for an HTIB, rather start building component by component. Start with a good AVR and 2 BS speakers which will do the magic, compared to an HTIB

Hi
Then visited CINEBELS ,Aundh. Here I got audition for Denon X520BT with JAMO S426 . Really awesome .I liked this very much . But again its out of my budget ( 86k).
There is a very similar combination for sale in our forum's "For sale by owner" section but the price is less than half of this. Why don't you check it out? I do not know the seller but the deal seems very sweet to me.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back