Good, not too pricey amp for use with a sub-woofer

csricharan

i'm looking for advice and suggestions on buying a good but not too expensive amp for use with a sub-woofer (yet to buy). currently, i have a marantz pm5004 stereo amp and cannot connect a sub to it. the polk audio rti a1s don't do justice to my bass needs. i also have a turntable without a built-in line out/pre-amp option. so any suggestions will have to take that into consideration. please pitch in. i'm also open to used equipment ... amp/pre-amp (assuming it can take in a phono input and has a sub-out ... don't know if such things exist)/sub-woofer.

i'm looking for advice and suggestions on buying a good but not too expensive amp for use with a sub-woofer (yet to buy). currently, i have a marantz pm5004 stereo amp and cannot connect a sub to it. the polk audio rti a1s don't do justice to my bass needs. i also have a turntable without a built-in line out/pre-amp option. so any suggestions will have to take that into consideration. please pitch in. i'm also open to used equipment ... amp/pre-amp (assuming it can take in a phono input and has a sub-out ... don't know if such things exist)/sub-woofer.

Hi,

PM6007 will suite your needs according to me. It is available on our classifieds sections around 30k.
Has Phono and Sub out.

CREEK evolution 2 is far better than marantz...will get it for 40k, got preamp out too..

Aah okay ... Thanks, will look at it. But I was also wondering if there is a way to get more bass in another way. Like, buy a good 2.1 speaker system and buy a separate phono preamp and then hook them up. My need is 1 phono in, 1 CD in and 1 mobile audio/Bt connector in (Fiio BTR3). With that in mind, I wonder what will be the best price to sound ratio ... My reference is a Marantz PM 5004 paired with Polk Audio RTiA1 bookshelves.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back