Good quality Marathi songs to listen in HiFi

rohitmusic

Dear friends,
Warm greetings..

Right now I am listening to a very good marathi album of Last mangeshkar - "Maitra jeevache" and the quality of lyrics, composition and recording is one of the best I have heard.

Can anyone recommend some good quality Marathi recordings...

Thanks! :)

Dear friends,
Warm greetings..

Right now I am listening to a very good marathi album of Last mangeshkar - "Maitra jeevache" and the quality of lyrics, composition and recording is one of the best I have heard.

Can anyone recommend some good quality Marathi recordings...

Thanks! :)

I enjoy listening to Gaarva & Saanz Gaarva by Milind Ingale.

The recording quality is excellent

I always find some of the classiscs from Aparadh (Sang kadhi kalnar tula), Rama Raghunandana, Dholki chya talawar, shodhisi manava etc as good listening.

Even the kombadi palali is also a nice beat if you are in mood for good light dancing. ;-)

I always find some of the classiscs from Aparadh (Sang kadhi kalnar tula), Rama Raghunandana, Dholki chya talawar, shodhisi manava etc as good listening.

Even the kombadi palali is also a nice beat if you are in mood for good light dancing. ;-)

yes some of the oldies have their own charm. In the night songs like these are really relaxing :)

Some of my favorite are:
Ye re Ghana -Asha bhosale
Visaru nako sreerama ma
Shodhishi manava - Rafi!
Mage ubha mangesha
Chafa bolena - my moms fav :)
Mendichya panavar - all songs

Listening to our mother toung connects at a very deeper level and brings vivid memories :)

Please suggest some more good listening... :)

Yes indeed....also
'Sur tech chhedita' & 'Hey Chincheche Zhaad' by Mahendra Kapoor
'Hya janmavar hya jagnyavar' by Arun Date

and that killer 'Malmali taarunya maazhe' by Asha Bhosale

I know what CDs I am going to play this evening!

Generally SQ wise recordings of marathi/hindi songs are not good. Alurkar's of Pune were known for their quality. 'Katyar kaljat ghusali' is, if not top notch atleast a very well recorded/remastered audio cd. Some of my other favourite are ...
- Arth Shunya bhase (Ashalata Babgaokar)
- Chhediyala tara (Pt. Jitendra Abhesheki)
- Katyar kaljat ghusali (Pt. Vasantrao deshpande) (Alurkar) *
- He Surano Chandra vha (Archana Kanhere) *
- Kanta rute kunhala (Pt. Jitendra Abhesheki)
- Mam atma gamala (Pt. Kumar Gandharv) **
- Maziya priyala Preet kalena (Shobha Gurtu) **
- Priti suri dudhari (Bakul Pandit ? ) *
- Srujan Kasa Man chori (Pt. Kumar Gandharv)
- Vijaypataka shriramachi (Manik Varma)*
- Lapun Basli Radha (Suman Kalyanpur)
- Navika Re Vara Vahe Re (Suman Kalyanpur)

* comparatively good recording.

Some I have listened on 78s/45s. So please do listen to them in 'original' form as I suspect audio cds mixing/mastering are 'modified'
He surano chandra (low res mp3)
Regards

That day I was tried to play for Rohit - "Hey suranno Chandra wha" but could not do so, 45rpm EP was not fitting into Thorens 150.

Btw did we forget Pt. Kumar Gandharva - uthi uthi gopala and Runanu bandhachya?

Thanks for a good list Hiten! :)

He surano Chandra vha is one of my fav..

BTW which is that song which goes something like this . "Shabdan vachun kalale shabdanchya palikadale.." "Ghadu naye te ghadale" I simple love those lyrics.. :)

Generally SQ wise recordings of marathi/hindi songs are not good. Alurkar's of Pune were known for their quality. 'Katyar kaljat ghusali' is, if not top notch atleast a very well recorded/remastered audio cd. Some of my other favourite are ...
- Arth Shunya bhase (Ashalata Babgaokar)
- Chhediyala tara (Pt. Jitendra Abhesheki)
- Katyar kaljat ghusali (Pt. Vasantrao deshpande) (Alurkar) *
- He Surano Chandra vha (Archana Kanhere) *
- Kanta rute kunhala (Pt. Jitendra Abhesheki)
- Mam atma gamala (Pt. Kumar Gandharv) **
- Maziya priyala Preet kalena (Shobha Gurtu) **
- Priti suri dudhari (Bakul Pandit ? ) *
- Srujan Kasa Man chori (Pt. Kumar Gandharv)
- Vijaypataka shriramachi (Manik Varma)*
- Lapun Basli Radha (Suman Kalyanpur)
- Navika Re Vara Vahe Re (Suman Kalyanpur)

* comparatively good recording.

Some I have listened on 78s/45s. So please do listen to them in 'original' form as I suspect audio cds mixing/mastering are 'modified'
He surano chandra (low res mp3)
Regards

That day I was tried to play for Rohit - "Hey suranno Chandra wha" but could not do so, 45rpm EP was not fitting into Thorens 150.

Btw did we forget Pt. Kumar Gandharva - uthi uthi gopala and Runanu bandhachya?

Yes Omji, we tried but did not want to damage either the LP or the player :) BTW the Thorens is simplicity at its best and the originality is drool worthy! This TT is a minimalistic beauty so were extra careful with it :)

BTW "Mi Radhika" would simply sound killer on LP I can guess. It is by Aarti Ankalikar Tikekar. Some of the 'taan' taken just cut through the heart!

Also how did I forget Hariharanjees first debut marathi song from Jogwa movie - "Jeeva Dangala". I was fortunate that I heard it live in one of Harijis concert in Pune, it was a special farmiash :)

Last edited:
Rohit,
The Bhavgeet you mentioned is by Pt. Jitendra Abhisheki. 'He surano chandra' was also originally sung by him, but I like Archana Kanhere version. Most of the song I mentioned are Natyasangeet so instruments are less and most famous ones are on eps and lps. Songs from old films etc. like jagachaya pathivar, pinjara, Jait re jait, sadhi manase are too obvious to mention and their SQ is not good. But lyrics and voice makes up for it, so OK I guess.

Lyrics of old films like jagachya pathivar are good. for ex. 'Jag he bandishala'. :)
Regards

Last edited:
Rohit,
The Bhavgeet you mentioned is by Pt. Jitendra Abhisheki. 'He surano chandra' was also originally sung by him, but I like Archana Kanhere version. Most of the song I mentioned are Natyasangeet so instruments are less and most famous ones are on eps and lps. Songs from old films etc. like jagachaya pathivar, pinjara, Jait re jait, sadhi manase are too obvious to mention and their SQ is not good. But lyrics and voice makes up for it, so OK I guess.

Lyrics of old films like jagachya pathivar are good. for ex. 'Jag he bandishala'. :)
Regards

Thanks for pointing the song and also for the other version, I have to check that!
These days the recording quality seems to be improving with newer composers and artists. I find SQ of artists like Ajay/Atul and similar to be increasing as compared to earlier recordings. Songs like "Moraya", Natranga songs etc have pretty good scale. Also some songs from films like "Zhenda" have good scale. I am yet to hear them in their full recording quality. Should be interesting!

I recently saw the movie "Duniyadari" and that too have some nice tunes like "tik tik vajate" So lots of songs but there are some gems which just make you close your eyes and we get lost in them :)

Runanu bandhachya

The moment I think or hear this songs it transports me to a different era... :)

The other day when I was at Omjees place we notices how much "thehrav" the songs had! This is one of those songs. Time just seems to be stretched and almost paused :)

I find these audiophile quality -
1. Natrang - Natrang, Vajaleki bara, Apsara Ali.
2. Savli - Several songs.
3. Aggabai dhaggabai - Mungibai (Before you laugh, try listening to this on an excellent quality stereo system).

Sorry, a correction about earlier post. Just checked 'Katyar kaljat ghusali' copy rights are owned by Alurkars (Pune) and recording engineer is our very own eminent Mr. Daman Sood.
Regards.

1. Natrang - Apsara Ali.

The first Marathi song I heard was Apsara Ali from Natrang. I saw someone dance to this song on YT. Checked the original song and I loved it. I searched for the movie dvd online with subtitles, but couldn't find one. The dance by the actress was very good and the way it was captured was cool too.

The first Marathi song I heard was Apsara Ali from Natrang. I saw someone dance to this song on YT. Checked the original song and I loved it. I searched for the movie dvd online with subtitles, but couldn't find one. The dance by the actress was very good and the way it was captured was cool too.
You can check this link,it is of better quality-
Apsara Aali - Natarang [HQ] - YouTube
Actually if you watched it closely,you can find that lot of the Dance steps,feet movements are missed by actress.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back