Good Stereo amp for Denon Bookshelves

indy70

Guys, I had recently got a Polk TSi300 and replaced my Denon 1311xp's Bookshelf speakers for the Front L+R. Now that they are sitting idle, I wish to connect a good amp and use it as my bedroom stereo. I would connect my iPod/Mac to it mostly. Any suggestions for a simple stereo amp within 10K ?

Guys, I had recently got a Polk TSi300 and replaced my Denon 1311xp's Bookshelf speakers for the Front L+R. Now that they are sitting idle, I wish to connect a good amp and use it as my bedroom stereo. I would connect my iPod/Mac to it mostly. Any suggestions for a simple stereo amp within 10K ?

Take a look @ the Astonia Audio stereo amp aval for 5K... They should easily do the job of driving the Denon HTIB speakers to life...

You can also look @ Norge Amplifiers...Don't recollect the model #.. But there re quite a few models aval for < 10K....

dont spend more than the suggested astonia...not worth to run the htib sepaker..
btw congratulations on the new fronts
how is the difference

On a different note, why don't you sell the total package and get a powerful AVR. Nether Speakers of HTiB is not a good idea for stereo nor the receiver is powerful enough to drive bigger speakers.

Do a thing. Disconnect all other speakers and sub from the AVR and connect only two of this Denon speakers in front left and right. Listen to some music. This is the quality you will likely be presented by the setup you are aspiring. If you like it then go ahead and get yourself a stereo amp.

You can look at Topping T20 also.

Thanks for some great suggestions guys. I will sure try all those out. Polk TSi300 is great. I connect my iPod through Aux and play it on stereo and it gives great sound. Looking at some mini hifi systems in the market at how they are priced like the Denon Ceol and HK MAS 101, may be I can just upgrade my Denon to the latest or get a Yamaha receiver. Anyway, don't want to spend much again, that's why I wanted to try out some simple amp that can power my HTiB Speaker.

Hey Guys, looking around I see Astonia SC300 to be the best bet for VFM. But it is out of stock in most places. Techguru.in says he gets it on Monday. Anybody know how good this seller is? Also, is there an alternative way of getting this in Bangalore ? Would it be available in any of the Electronics stores ?

Back