Good stereo speakers for Marantz SR7007 AVR

SantoshV

Hello Friends

I bought Marantz SR7007 AVR recently, in a view of building a home theatre, however I am music lover and listen to wide variety of music including Indian classical, fusion, pop, rock etc. I am soon going to start my search for speakers (I am living in Pune). I am thinking of buying first stereo speakers, which I hope I can do, please suggest (I will be listening music 50%, Movies 30% and D2H 20%) and then add centre and rear speakers in due course of time, which is not my priority as well. My budget for these front main speakers is around 30K. Can you please suggest me some models which will be available in Pune and Mumbai. Also which can reproduce the REAL sound in all frequencies (with sweetness). I was thinking of buying Bose speakers 161, 251but demo is an issue. Also 802 series3/ 901 but its seems these are PA and cant work on AVR, need power amplifier. Not really fan of satellites)
I am also keeping budget of 60K for entire 5.1 if options are available in one go.
Need your help here to get REAL good sound in all sort of music even at low volume. AVR is 7.2, 125 watts per channel 8 Ohm.
PS - I am in London currently for 1-2 months. You can suggest options available here as well.

Hello Friends

I bought Marantz SR7007 AVR recently, in a view of building a home theatre, however I am music lover and listen to wide variety of music including Indian classical, fusion, pop, rock etc. I am soon going to start my search for speakers (I am living in Pune). I am thinking of buying first stereo speakers, which I hope I can do, please suggest (I will be listening music 50%, Movies 30% and D2H 20%) and then add centre and rear speakers in due course of time, which is not my priority as well. My budget for these front main speakers is around 30K. Can you please suggest me some models which will be available in Pune and Mumbai. Also which can reproduce the REAL sound in all frequencies (with sweetness). I was thinking of buying Bose speakers 161, 251but demo is an issue. Also 802 series3/ 901 but its seems these are PA and cant work on AVR, need power amplifier. Not really fan of satellites)
I am also keeping budget of 60K for entire 5.1 if options are available in one go.
Need your help here to get REAL good sound in all sort of music even at low volume. AVR is 7.2, 125 watts per channel 8 Ohm.
PS - I am in London currently for 1-2 months. You can suggest options available here as well.

For listening to music Marantz recievers are considered good among all AVRs.
IMO, use Marantz AVR as pre-amp and get a used Power amp from london and your
priority for music is nearly over. For speakers , there are ample options in India, as carrying speakers from london would attaract customs duty in India and will be costly affair. Power amp can be stuffed inside suitcase or carry it separately and show the price under 35K-INR. In pune you can have auditions for several speaker brands that you can not have in London.
UK is good place to have cheaper amps, try UK made amps.

Cheers
Dheeraj

Hello Friends

If Music is you'r priority, i would say you can consider Dali Zensor 1/3 series bookshelf speakers to begin with.

Dali is 6 ohm speaker with a reasonable price.

Also in future upgrade you may be able to use these bookshelf as surround speakers.

The level of flexibility on upgrade will be high when you start with good bookshelf speakers

Arjun

Hi FMs
Thanks. Dheeraj can you please elaborate how I can connect my AVR as preamp in the setup including power amp, as I am not aware of preamp functionality and usage. What should be the minimum criteria for power amp considering Marantz 7007AVR (125watt per channel), what should be the power? What benefits I will get if I introduce preamp?
I am getting Bose 901 VI within 40-50K in London but heard that I cant connect it to AVR, also it needs Bose C Controller or other specific equalizer.

@Arjun - Is 6 ohms will match my AVR's 8 Ohms? What are the key salient features of Dali speakers you are suggesting? Upgrade will be difficult in my case, at the most I can make these stereo speakers as rear speakers in future (that's the reason I was hunting for Bose 161 and 301 on eBay UK, so in case I am not satisfied with them then I can make them rear speakers)
Sorry for too many questions. I need to complete my survey/ Orchestration before I come to India to built up my system in Pune. I will be there for 3 weeks only :(

Hi SantoshV,

Boston Acoustics pair well with Marantz AVR and music sounds excellent. Within your budget there are FloorStanding speakers...

Boston Acoustics A 250 Floorstanding Speaker

You could also look at their bookshelf range, the A2310HTS would cost you around 40k and was available on HiFiMart before....

Before doing any purchase, please demo a variety of speakers and make a sound decision....end of the day it all depends on personal preferences and budget....

Hi FMs
Thanks. Dheeraj can you please elaborate how I can connect my AVR as preamp in the setup including power amp, as I am not aware of preamp functionality and usage. What should be the minimum criteria for power amp considering Marantz 7007AVR (125watt per channel), what should be the power? What benefits I will get if I introduce preamp?
I am getting Bose 901 VI within 40-50K in London but heard that I cant connect it to AVR, also it needs Bose C Controller or other specific equalizer.

@Arjun - Is 6 ohms will match my AVR's 8 Ohms? What are the key salient features of Dali speakers you are suggesting? Upgrade will be difficult in my case, at the most I can make these stereo speakers as rear speakers in future (that's the reason I was hunting for Bose 161 and 301 on eBay UK, so in case I am not satisfied with them then I can make them rear speakers)
Sorry for too many questions. I need to complete my survey/ Orchestration before I come to India to built up my system in Pune. I will be there for 3 weeks only :(

Yes, I'm using dali zensor's with 6008. Its a good performer for the price tag. Also I'm not sure why you're considering Bose speakers after buying a high end AVR

Last edited:
Hi Everybody

Can somebody please let me know about SR7007 connection as preamp with suitable amplifier (power or integrated please suggest some matching models, I am getting Marantz, Arcam alpha amp at reasonable price here) Also please underline the benefits of preamp - amp set up over only AVR setup considering Marantz SR7007

I will suggest u to go with klipsch rf82 fronts, rc 62 centre and rs52 surrounds. They are great with Marantz. Uve got a great amp, try and spend a little more for the speakers, else if u try and go loud on cheaper speakers they will blow up. I had Marantz 6005 earlier with jbl e90 floorstanders, the amp was too much for my speakers as they blew up twice, now I've upgraded to Yamaha 1010 aventage and klipsch and loving every moment of it.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back