GOOD TO KNOW: Amazon.com's Price Gurantee..

jitubisht

GOOD TO KNOW INFO : Amazon.com's Price Gurantee

I am not sure if anyone/everyone knows about Amazon's Price Gurantee Policy. I thought I would inform everyone anyways.

Amazon.com gives you some kind of a Price Protection. Say you purchase something for $100 and anytime within the next 30 days, the price of the same goes below $100, you can contact Amazon via phone/email and request them for a refund on the price difference.

This is something I have personally availed this refund in Nov 2009 and can guarantee its true and ofcourse Amazon does not market this Policy much.

Please note, Amazon will NEVER let you know about the price difference, this is something you will need to continously monitor. Also, this is applicable only if the seller was Amazon and not some other vendor selling it within Amazon.

Hope you guys find this helpful

MODS - I tried to search from the previous threads and couldn't find anything about this. Hence started a new thread. Apologies if this is already somewhere.

Like I said, I was provided a refund under this policy in Nov 2009. I have email from Amazon too.

The quote above was from an Amazon forum which anyone could've written.

Amazon has officially discontinued this practice : Amazon Ends Post-Order Price Guarantee - The Consumerist

But then you have obtained this refund in Nov 2009. May be Amazon did an one time offer to you? May be they have silently restarted this Price Guarantee?

Because I distinctly remember reading in one of the Amazon forums (may be a few months ago) that people have been unable to obtain the refund via Price Guarantee.

I wish I knew how to order from amazon, someone wanna train me? XD

its like any other ecommerce experience -

1. search for the object of interest or randomly browse through the site
2. When you think you found a good deal, add to cart
3. Search more or go to checkout
4. if you have not registered, it will prompt you or you can login if you already have an account
5. setup a credit card for payments
6. confirm the transaction and the debt you are getting into (thats why the cards shoudl be called debt cards but then the banks would not like to be close to that term anyways)
7. it will send a confirmation no. to the email you setup in your registration.

repeat 1 - 7 as much as your debt (err. credit) card allows you to.

I am a big fan of Amazon. I have bought a lot of stuff from them. Most times, they have the best deal available.. for someone like us, ordering from india, getting delivered to a friend's place is a breeze.. and another thing, i have dealt with their customer support a lot of times and they have always been a pleasure to deal with..

To add to that, I have always found Customer Reviews at Amazon to be very helpful..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back