Got my Oppo- BDP93 Blu-ray player

Hi All,

I got a Oppo-BDP93 Blu-ray player from the USA on saturday:) I shall post my feedback/ views this week end.

Regards
Ravi

Hi Friends,

Greetings. I am sorry for the delay in posting my feedback. Was travelling and not in a frame of mind to post.

There are many reviews on the internet about the player, so I will not make an elaborate post.

The player is superb, the picture and sound quality is amazing. The DVD up conversion is mind blowing, I can now see many fine details which I missed seeing when I used my DVD player.

The firm ware updates happen automatically when you connect the player to the internet. I have received one update since I got the player. I feel it is worthwhile buying the player rather than buying other models available in India.

The player will cost around Rs. 31600 INR when you buy it from amazon/ Oppo and import them to India using Borderlinx. Go for it friends, Sony and Samsung sells their high end players in India for almost the same price. Please see link below for Borderlinx price calculations:

https://www.borderlinx.com/m/total-cost-calculator

Do not forget to buy the 'Spears & Munsil- High definition Benchmark Blu-ray disc'; I am surprised to see the picture quality in my TV after I calibrated using the disc. Must have disc for every one.

Please feel free to write to me fro any specific queries you have.

Cheers, Ravi

Sounds great!

But the price is still a little too steep. Are any region-free blu-ray players available in India (Delhi to be specific) at all? Plus, is that price inclusive of the customs duty?

Hi Friends,

Greetings. I am sorry for the delay in posting my feedback. Was travelling and not in a frame of mind to post.

There are many reviews on the internet about the player, so I will not make an elaborate post.

The player is superb, the picture and sound quality is amazing. The DVD up conversion is mind blowing, I can now see many fine details which I missed seeing when I used my DVD player.

The firm ware updates happen automatically when you connect the player to the internet. I have received one update since I got the player. I feel it is worthwhile buying the player rather than buying other models available in India.

The player will cost around Rs. 31600 INR when you buy it from amazon/ Oppo and import them to India using Borderlinx. Go for it friends, Sony and Samsung sells their high end players in India for almost the same price. Please see link below for Borderlinx price calculations:

https://www.borderlinx.com/m/total-cost-calculator

Do not forget to buy the 'Spears & Munsil- High definition Benchmark Blu-ray disc'; I am surprised to see the picture quality in my TV after I calibrated using the disc. Must have disc for every one.

Please feel free to write to me fro any specific queries you have.

Cheers, Ravi

friend

is it region free ?

your price with with duty ?

'Spears & Munsil-----this disc includ price or you pay extra for get then ?

somen

friend

is it region free ?

your price with with duty ?

'Spears & Munsil-----this disc includ price or you pay extra for get then ?

somen

It isn't region-free out of the box. there's a mod kit available on ebay for around USD 65 that you can plug in to the circuit board which will make it Blu-ray region free.

Spears & Munsil used to be shipped free along with the 93 player earlier, but now it comes at a cost of USD 25 and has to be bought separately.

I'll leave the price question to be answered by the OP. Apologies to the OP BTW for answering out of turn.

which onida model are we talking about? can you provide the model no pls? i'm in process of building my setup and the first block is going to be a BDP.

regards,
paritosh

Hi all,

My player sherwood 5004 is still up for sale. Please go through the for sale ad and PM me if anyone of you is still interested.

Regards

Hi All,

I am sorry for my delayed response. I was travelling and did not get time to login to the forums.

The disc has to be purchased separately. Please do post your queries and I will be happy to answer, this time on time :)

Cheers, Ravi

Congrats on your purchase,I'm also interested in buying this player but $499 price for the player seems way out of budget. I have read amazing reviews of this player but i think upscaling is of no use for a blu ray disc,only for dvds which i dont have so im kind of wondering whether to pay 5 times the amount just for audio quality from a blu ray player.

Check out the Panasonic Blyray players, they are are much cheaper and picture quality is stunning

Tryst, I have both, a Pana and Oppo - and there is a difference in Pic and SOUND quality !
Ofcourse, it depends on how much one is willing to spend to get that little extra performance. For sheer ease of use and the build and service quality, Oppo is streets ahead.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back