GR research X-LS speaker DIY building

sanjeevrao453

Hi All,

I am trying to assemble the GR research X-LS speaker kit as my first DIY task.
Speaker enclosures are made amazingly by Eightaudio with precision as per the design. Great value for money.

Trying to get speaker terminal cup with binding posts with a round shape, 90mm flange diameter and 64mm inner diameter.
I am not getting it from any web store. I am looking for help. Any suggestions?

Thank you @hydrovac for helping me in my first DIY venture.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-03-31 at 12.09.50 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-31 at 12.09.50 PM.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 65
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-03-31 at 12.09.11 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-31 at 12.09.11 PM.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 63
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-03-31 at 12.08.54 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-31 at 12.08.54 PM.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 64
Hello, where did you source the GR research X-LS kit from and how much did it cost you ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Speaker enclosures are made amazingly by Eightaudio with precision as per the design. Great value for money.

Trying to get speaker terminal cup with binding posts with a round shape, 90mm flange diameter and 64mm inner diameter.

Not available on Mx for this size.
Thanks.

Hi All,

Hey, I m also interested in DIY subwoofer. How n whom did you connect in Eight audio. How much did the cabinet cost?

Is 10K for single enclosure or a pair... finished or unfinished?
Price depends on kind of paint or finish/ thickness of the wood/size. Please call him.

I got different quotes, I haven't decided yet on finishing/paint.

I pinged you personally on price details, as I am not sure whether I can share in post.

Since you've already mentioned the price, you might as well mention what all are included in the price.
I responded to you in personal conversation.

@All, I didn't choose any finish such as vinyl/paint yet, so I don't know much. Without finish 7k per 2pair. Enclosure with finish options are available from 11k, 14k...for 2pair if I remember correctly. I didn't gathered much info on finish options, so can't comment on price.

Please ping Eightaudio/Shravanth and choose a good finish as per the requirement. One thing for sure Eightaudio is providing great value for money compared with others. Great value.

One source quoted unfinished enclosure for 12k per pair with connectors. I didn't check with any other sources. Compared with that (3.5k vs 12kwithconnectors), it's a great value for money.

Note: I don't know what MDF material different sources are using so I can't compare on this point.
I am assuming connector prices are in <2k.

Hi All,

I have an update.
As I am unable to buy the required size circle-shaped binding post suggested by the vendor GR Research, We @hydrovac made the custom binding post.
a) It's from an industrial product -PP rod
b) sliced into pieces as per the size.
c) drilled a hole to insert the binding post terminals which bought from MX

Once we fix the binding post on speaker cabinets, then I will update you.

Thank you to Everyone who responded to me with your valuable insights/suggestion/response.
WhatsApp Image 2021-04-12 at 6.08.50 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-04-12 at 3.58.54 PM.jpeg

On youtube GR research has a nice channel - maybe you might look at the episodes where he builds the same speaker you are building

good luck !

DiY is good fun and keeps the brain ticking !

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back