Graphics Card Help for Alienware

madhu_7

Hi ,

I am using a ALIENWARE monitor along with my Desktop.The motherboard model is Intel DG41RQ.

As of now the output from MB to monitor is through Nvida Graphics card and DVI cables.The graphics card is pretty old and 256mb RAM.
Since i am hardcore gamer and wish to upgrade graphics card to one with HDMI connectivity and minimum 1gb ram..:sos:

Any suggestions for graphics card. Limited budget of 5k but can stretch a bit as well if the reasons are valid..

you can buy a HD4850 for that price point. Should be good for atleast HD gaming without DirectX11. But i would suggest HD5770 at 7500 approx. Performs just a bit better than HD4850, is DirectX11 capable and is more power efficient. Please ensure that you PSU can handle the added load. Post the rating of PSU here if you can.

Hi ,

I am using a ALIENWARE monitor along with my Desktop.The motherboard model is Intel DG41RQ.

As of now the output from MB to monitor is through Nvida Graphics card and DVI cables.The graphics card is pretty old and 256mb RAM.
Since i am hardcore gamer and wish to upgrade graphics card to one with HDMI connectivity and minimum 1gb ram..:sos:

Any suggestions for graphics card. Limited budget of 5k but can stretch a bit as well if the reasons are valid..

I have one Nvidia 8500 GT graphic card lying idle, there is a minor damage on plastic part of the fan. If you wish you can have a look.

@ Vaibhav the specs seems good once home wil post PSU details

@Svkndv... I think 8500GT does not have HDMI out pardon me if iam wrong (Blame the googling skills)

Hi,

5570 and 5570 are good choices for Graphics card.
They are less power hungry than 4850.
And also both these card are DirectX 11 compliant.

Better choices would be ATI Radeon six series cards which will be a future proff solution.

Nvidia cards with similar feature set are more expensive and do not provide additional features and performance except for PhysX.

In future might hook it to a projector as well which i would be buying for HT setup....
Thanks Guys for the interest shown....i shd end up buying a card asap...

Hi,

5570 and 5570 are good choices for Graphics card.
They are less power hungry than 4850.
And also both these card are DirectX 11 compliant.

Better choices would be ATI Radeon six series cards which will be a future proff solution.

Nvidia cards with similar feature set are more expensive and do not provide additional features and performance except for PhysX.

5570 is aimed more at htpc than gaming hence the fanless design. 6xxx series are more like rebranded 5xxx series but some tweaks to improve tessellation, thats all. 5xxx series is still kick ass

5570 is aimed more at htpc than gaming hence the fanless design. 6xxx series are more like rebranded 5xxx series but some tweaks to improve tessellation, thats all. 5xxx series is still kick ass

5570 is closed to 5670 which is a good GPU.If you tweak 5570,it can come close to 5670.

I would say Sapphire HD 5670 1GB GDDR5 is a good buy for your price range ... It can play most of the games available in the market right now ..

5570 is not a fan less designs, however some of the GPU manufacturers have tweaked the design to make it a fan less one.
Additionally 5570 has 400 Shader processors which would make for decent low resolution gaming.

The other cards to look at would be 5750 and 5770 if you are really a budget conscious.
Otherwise 6850 @Rs. 9000 - 9500 would be an excellent choice.
Just check you PSU for compatibility

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back