Great performance of Indian shuttlers

ranjeetrain

I am very happy about the way Badminton is progressing in India by the efforts of Mr. Prakash Padukone and Mr. Pullela Gopichand. Ever since Mr. Gopichand has started training shuttlers, they are going places. I couldn't be happier. :D

Looking at the good performace of these shuttlers (most of them made to the pre-quarters and half a dozen of them made to quarters). At the end of play today, two of them have made into the semis. I couldn't be happier. :yahoo:

I decided to go and watch them play live. Unfortunately, it was too late by the time I was able to reach there and I missed all the maches featuring Indian players. :eek: But tomorrow will be another day. I am ready and set to go. I will click them all, and will bring exclusive pictures to you. Too bad, there is no wifi there, or else I could actually do a live broadcast :p

Here are some pics for you to enjoy. More to come later. :clapping:

Photos from LI NING China Masters (2012) held in Changzhou, China.

Thanks for posting. I wish there were dedicated coaches like these for other sports too. Would certainly make a difference.

Totally agree, Gopi. In a country of 1.2 billion people there are less than 12 people who were international stars and are giving back to the nation selflessly. See where Mr. Gopichand has taken Indian badminton to. If a Kapil, Bedi, Gawaskar did that, or if other prominent people did that, things will be so much better.

Here are photos from Semi-final matches. Two Indian made it to the semis. P. V. Sindhu (one of the practice partners of Saina Nehwal), and Ajay Jayaram.

I must say Ajay is a dashing youngman with a good prospect. He is tall, slim, moves fast on the court, and has the attitude. All the elements of being a successful Badminton star. If he keps practicing hard, and doesn't let success get into his head, I predict he will soon break into world top 10. Among the Indians I have seen playing, he has the best smash and backhand. He just needs some stamina, and ability to continuosly pressurize opponents. He opened in a dream way, taking a 4-0 lead, but ultimately lost in straight sets once his Chinese opponent caught up.

Here are the photos from Li Ning China Masters (2012) Semi Finals.

Li Ning China Masters (2012) Semifinal Matches

More commentary to come, time to head out of the hotel now.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back