Greenish lines on Half the screen. Epson Projector “Home Cinema EH-TW8100.

shenil

I have this projector for about five years. Suddenly half the screen image has started showing greenish sought of lines. For the Long-distance frames of the movies its ok but closer frames begin to blur in shadowy figures. Specially the close-up frames begin to look ghostly. The image is exactly split in half. It’s a 2K projector. What could be the problem? Please help. From India.

Lamp is 392 hrs. OEM. About six months. The input is Amazon Firestick into Yamaha receiver 3070. Out put from receiver to projector. HDMI cable is 2.0. I tried switching off the projector and receiver taking out cable and again putting in . It didn't work.

Attachments

• IMG_20200515_165606.jpg
    IMG_20200515_165606.jpg
    766.1 KB · Views: 55
Lamp is 392 hrs. OEM. About six months. The input is Amazon Firestick into Yamaha receiver 3070. Out put from receiver to projector. HDMI cable is 2.0. I tried switching off the projector and receiver taking out cable and again putting in . It didn't work.
Hi! I am now having the same problem with my TW8100. I too replaced my lamp few months back. Around 400 hrs done. Did you get this resolved. Please help.

I have this projector for about five years. Suddenly half the screen image has started showing greenish sought of lines. For the Long-distance frames of the movies its ok but closer frames begin to blur in shadowy figures. Specially the close-up frames begin to look ghostly. The image is exactly split in half. It’s a 2K projector. What could be the problem? Please help. From India.
Similar problem with 7 year old Epson 6100. Usually switching it completely off and then on solves it. But soon after it crapped out, now replacing the pj.

I've had this model is 2013. it has survived 2 intercontinental house shifts. The more standard problem with the 8100 is the cienma filter which cycles up during power up. The Gears that drive the filter tends to get damaged and then the proj wont turn on.

I would try to isolate the problem. if its happening all the time, irrespective of source, cable or input, it could be a panel problem. IF its more occasional issue, it would look at the source and cables as culprits. Projectors are very power senstive, I assume you are feeding clean power to it.

Its unlikely that the lamp is the culprit unless you did not put a genuine Replacement lamp. those could have different electrical or thermal characteristics which could potentially play havoc with the sensors and the heat with the panels itself.

Back