Greeting to all forum members

lalkhan71

Hi ,

I am Lal A Khan from Kochi (Kerala). I am so fond of music and insearch of setting up an entry level h-fi audio setup comprises of cd player + amp + spkr. I have a budget of Rs. 25,000/- I request you members to suggest a brand new separates for the above mentioned sum or used (good condition) setup with all the separates above given. My primary aim is listening to music. I am a lover of Pop and Rock music and I love bass and treble equally when listening to music.

Requesting your valuable suggestions.

Thanks
Lal

Welcome to HFV mate.

Combo is going to be tough in that budget. You can start with speakers + amp and add in a CDP later on. Either use an DVDP or a PC as source till then.

Or increase the budget.

HiMart.com has a few combo deals you can check out.

Hi,
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I will surely check out HiMart. But if you can suggest and amp+spkr for that budget then I can have a view of the reviews of them.

Thanks
Lal

Hi,

There is a vintage Marantz PM-53 I heard to be sold for Rs6,500/-. Is it worth buying it for that price?

Thanks
Lal

Hi,
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I will surely check out HiMart. But if you can suggest and amp+spkr for that budget then I can have a view of the reviews of them.

Thanks
Lal

Here is one combo of amp + CDP - http://www.hifivision.com/group-buys-deals/21567-marantz-pm5004-marantz-cd5004-stereo-system-silver-finish.html

Another combo of amp + CDP + speakers - http://www.hifivision.com/group-buys-deals/26008-marantz-amp-marantz-cd-player-wharfedale-floorstanding-speakers-under-48k.html

You can also browse through India's audio video home theatre and hi-fi shopping mart for any deals.

Also, check out the For Sale by Owner section of this forum.

Topping amp suggested by @moktan makes sense... the speakers Cambridge Audio S30 though are lacking IMHO. The Topping amp has been used by many FM to pair with better speakers like Usher.

If you already have a source like an old PC or DVDP then you can start with speakers and amp and then save up for the source. If you are starting with a source then save up a bit more. Better still if you have an old PC then get the Asus Xonar Essense STX sound card. It will make for an excellent source/DAC.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back